Help why should I have my dog spayed?

help! why sould i have my dog sprayed? is it because she is a staffy?

so she doesnt have yet more pups to add to the tonnes needing homes

no risk of pyometra

lesser risk of female cancers

help! why sould i have my dog sprayed? is it because she is a staffy?

no not because shes a staffy THIS is why and lots of other rescues are the same.

i just see it as a bad thing to do to her, i dont want to hurt her

i just see it as a bad thing to do to her, i dont want to hurt her

will hurt a hell of alot less than birth, cancer or a pyo would

no not because shes a staffy THIS is why and lots of other rescues are the same.

i see wot you mean

i see wot you mean

its not a bad thing to spay. if you really need to rehome your dog why not see if you can re home via a rescue keep her with you until a new home is found that way she will be going to a fantastic home which will have had a home check

its not a bad thing to spay. if you really need to rehome your dog why not see if you can re home via a rescue keep her with you until a new home is found that way she will be going to a fantastic home which will have had a home check

where? have you got a link because the last link hit home

where? have you got a link because the last link hit home

you could try rain rescue via the link i sent, i would think most rescues will be happy to put them on for you if you can keep her will you. it would help them keep costs down too.

I understand why it feels 'wrong' to have her put under and anaesthetic and cut open when she's perfectly healthy, but there are way too many dogs in this country (of all types) and whilst for dogs neutering is to prevent puppies and often for behavioural problems, spaying for bitches is both to prevent puppies and for other health reasons.

Bitches who remain entire but who don't have puppies have a higher than normal risk of pyometra, a life threatening womb infection which is fatal if not caught in the early stages and which, if she gets it, will end up with her being spayed as an emergency procedure to save her life (along with loads of antibiotics, painkillers and crossed fingers).

Having no hormones also means a dramatic reduction in female hormonal cancers, like mammary tumours, and a total lack of womb and ovarian cancers.

Granted, there are risks, as there are with any anaesthetic and any medical procedure, but I'd have any bitch neutered unless there was a serious veterinary reason why not (for instance, we've currently got a bitch in rescue who is allergic to anaesthetic, so she is exempt from our normal spaying policy).

I understand why it feels 'wrong' to have her put under and anaesthetic and cut open when she's perfectly healthy, but there are way too many dogs in this country (of all types) and whilst for dogs neutering is to prevent puppies and often for behavioural problems, spaying for bitches is both to prevent puppies and for other health reasons.

Bitches who remain entire but who don't have puppies have a higher than normal risk of pyometra, a life threatening womb infection which is fatal if not caught in the early stages and which, if she gets it, will end up with her being spayed as an emergency procedure to save her life (along with loads of antibiotics, painkillers and crossed fingers).

Having no hormones also means a dramatic reduction in female hormonal cancers, like mammary tumours, and a total lack of womb and ovarian cancers.

Granted, there are risks, as there are with any anaesthetic and any medical procedure, but I'd have any bitch neutered unless there was a serious veterinary reason why not (for instance, we've currently got a bitch in rescue who is allergic to anaesthetic, so she is exempt from our normal spaying policy).

omg!!!! i think im going to do what rachelV said as i want her happy