Sign in to follow this  

Is George Foreman on Crack?

Heavyweight legend George Foreman has tipped Britain's Audley Harrison to become a world champion in 2006.

And Foreman, a two-time world champion, said Harrison would easily beat Danny Williams when they meet in December.

"Audley Harrison is going to be heavyweight champion of the world in 2006," Foreman told BBC Sport.

"He'll take Williams, easy. And if you match him with [WBC champion] Vitali Klitschko at the end of 2006, he'll knock him out in six or seven rounds."

Foreman also defended the path Harrison has taken since turning pro after winning gold at the 2000 Olympics in Sydney.

Harrison, 34, is unbeaten in 19 fights but has been strongly criticised in the British media for the quality of his opposition.

"A lot of people wanted more out of him sooner, but the people with him knew better. They've seasoned him well.

"He's got the right body, he takes his time in the ring with his big jab - he's got the package. They didn't rush him because of his age, and I'm happy about that."

just listened to an interview.and George likes the fact he is Bog, tall and has a long reach and hard punch. Now George. I fit all those criterian. Watch out Robbie World Heavyweight Champion 2006 :clap:

i think george was just keeping the british people happy in saying weve got a good prospect in harrison i dont think he,s

special but theres not many good heavys out there.he could get lucky & + the fact theres that many governing bodies.

i think johnny nelson won some version of a world heavyweight title. to many governing bodies have ruined boxing

is this THE George Foreman who invented THE George Foreman?

yes Kirsty, the former heavy weight boxing champoin of the world who also endorsed a grill:D

Everytime I have seen Audley Harrison he has looked suspect. He has a dodgy chin, it wont take long for a much better fighter to knock the living daylights out of him. he reminds me of Frank Bruno. (And thats not a good thing)

Well from what reason could George Foreman be wrong? While i'm no big Audrey Harrison fan, I have to ask who does he need to beat? There's no Lewis or Tyson, Holyfield's well and truly shot and it looks like Klitscho packed in.

So who is there to beat ol' Audrey? maybe Bruno?

No George aint on crack, he's just talking sense, although if he made a comeback, then maybe you could say he was on crack, as i'm sure he'd still clean up the division.

I still think if Tyson got his act together, then he could rule the world again, I just think he's lost the will, thats all.

Originally posted by spyro2000

Everytime I have seen Audley Harrison he has looked suspect. He has a dodgy chin, it wont take long for a much better fighter to knock the living daylights out of him. he reminds me of Frank Bruno. (And thats not a good thing)

Incidently Bruno was only knocked out once, the other times he was stopped!

I could be wrong about this, but i'm sure only Bonecrusher Smith floored him, the others just stopped him. Thus his chin wasn't suspect, but his survival skills were?

Originally posted by wayne72

Incidently Bruno was only knocked out once, the other times he was stopped!

I could be wrong about this, but i'm sure only Bonecrusher Smith floored him, the others just stopped him. Thus his chin wasn't suspect, but his survival skills were?

You are right. Only Bonecrussher Smith laid him out properly. The other stoppages were with Bruno against the ropes been pummelled.

Jumbo Cummings nailed Bruno and he was totally gone. He was saved by the bell and carried back to his corner, only to recover and comeback to win.

yep..

I saw him smokin a rock behind woolworths the other day!

it will be highly amusing when williams puts Audley on his @rse

Originally posted by wayne72

Well from what reason could George Foreman be wrong? While i'm no big Audrey Harrison fan, I have to ask who does he need to beat? There's no Lewis or Tyson, Holyfield's well and truly shot and it looks like Klitscho packed in.

So who is there to beat ol' Audrey? maybe Bruno?

No George aint on crack, he's just talking sense, although if he made a comeback, then maybe you could say he was on crack, as i'm sure he'd still clean up the division.

I still think if Tyson got his act together, then he could rule the world again, I just think he's lost the will, thats all.

You are right about Audley, but so wrong about Iron Mike...he's gone for good and all of us boxing fans are just gonna have to live with it...if he comes back Tarver wil KO him.

Originally posted by yer_get_meh

You are right about Audley, but so wrong about Iron Mike...he's gone for good and all of us boxing fans are just gonna have to live with it...if he comes back Tarver wil KO him.

Your probably right Yer_get_meh. I don't know if i'm just living in hope or surrounded by Nostalgia. I feel I missed the great Tyson era. I am the right age not to I am 33, but what I mean is I spent Tyson's era wanting to see him KO'd. Now he's gone I wish he was back.

The Heavy Weight scene is shot! Maybe even Foreman could regain a title. Tyson could probably take a title if his head was right, but it wouldn't mean much now. Lewis got out at the right time. I

ts sad but theres just nobody is there??? We can bull anyone up, but if a good fighter does come along who could rival the greats, he'll never get any recognition. Why, because there's nobody to beat, as such. The whole buzz of big time boxing and boxing in general seems to be in a massive spiral towards extinction at such a rate these days, I can't honestly see it recovering.

Is Boxing over? Are we witnessing the dying days?

There hasn't been a superfight for years now, maybe its already over :(

I think I have proved my point after last night:P