Bonfire Night...any bonfires?

Will be in Sheff for 5th Nov. Can anyone tell me where there are going to be bonfires? As close to S10 as poss please.

My house :D (plus fireworks, beer and food)

Council don't do them any more since someone was injured. Best to find a pub. I think Aunt Sallys on Clarkehouse road do one.

Probably the best place to go in the South West of town, is the Dore Scouts bonfire, on Limb Lane. Their firework display goes on for about twenty minutes, then you get the bonus of watching the HSBC fireworks across the fields, for another twenty minutes...

If any forummers that know where I live, (or know me well enough to ask me) want to come up to mine, there will be an evening of debauchery at SHarper Mansions...

I am gutted. Bonfire night used to be my favourite night of the year. I can not believe how boring things have become. Our one English tradition and they have done away with it. Typical.

I want to go to a bonfire!!

Just something I heard on radio today. The most popular (largest sales) scary mask to put on your Guy Fawkes is _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Tony Blair.

So Not George Bush, Adolf Hitler, Maggie Thatcher (My Favourite) or Saddam Hussein. Poor old Tony, no longer the bright young thing of the LP.

there's a massive one at don valley. It's 6 quid to get in but is supposed to be spectular. I do think it's geared up for families though. there must be a few pubs in S10 doing one. If no one finds one for I'll check the Sheff Star tomoz for you.lalalands sounds good though I think it could have been an invite.....?:P

Thanks...I simply must go to one but don't have access to a paper. I would really appreciate you letting me know if you can. Many thanks.

Originally posted by Little_Alex

lalalands sounds good though I think it could have been an invite.....?:P

It will be very good, we celebrate every year without exception.

Same rules as every other year, £10 per person to come (which all goes on fireworks) and bring what ever you want to drink.

Works really well every year and the fireworks seem to go on forever :D

We normally have about 15-20 of us, but it's open invite so you're all welcome

Originally posted by Babooshka

I am gutted. Bonfire night used to be my favourite night of the year. I can not believe how boring things have become. Our one English tradition and they have done away with it. Typical.

I want to go to a bonfire!!

I agree with you Babooshka! Halloween and Bonfire night are my favourite events. Things have got very boring. There are no council displays anymore, its a real shame. The one at Don Valley is the only one, but its just too big, even though I have to agree the fireworks are amazing.

Are you a fan of Kate Bush at all? If so that's another thing we have in common!

Oh yes. Kate Bush is the princess of popular music (Chrissie Hynde being the queen). God only knows what I am going to go on the 5th then. We Brits are such stick-in-the-muds. Can't do anything remotely exciting...and certainly not if it would provide any form of entertainment for the masses.

Originally posted by SHarper

If any forummers that know where I live, (or know me well enough to ask me) want to come up to mine, there will be an evening of debauchery at SHarper Mansions...

YAY! SHarper Mansions here we come :partyhat: