Its illegal to give scrap to scrap men not registed with the E.A

yes we are registered and you are correct..not many about at the moment..think they are getting ready for the royal wedding....mind you dont need many loads of unwanted scrap to make a decent living....

we dont go looking for it....we wait til it comes to us....strip it all down before weighing it in....

the cost of our renewal licence was only £105 for three years....worth every penny and stops all the hassle

I can't find you to check, which name are you registered under and for what please ?

I can't find you to check, which name are you registered under and for what please ?

cmc logistics ltd...just a carrier....happy days

So if your are .....just a carrier...... you shouldn't be.........stripping it all down before weighing it in.... should you ?

....strip it all down before weighing it in....

Oops.. :rolleyes:

White van pick up - skip rats are still around. Saw them today in Broomhall. In the past have Metal Ash Bin taken from top of drive (50' long!) - half full of ash...

If you see a scrap van phone the police with the vans number. They are all stealing. Do not support them.

If I could work out how to upload pictures on here, I'd show you some thieves to look out for.

Whilst on the subject of scrap dealers etc, I think it very important that the goverment bring in the much quoted law requiring that scrap can only be paid for by cheque or bankers transfer, never by cash. And as soon as possible.

That`ll help get rid of the scrap thief parasites who cause so much damage to so many peoples property, esp on the the railways.[/quote

Just take alook at the amount of scrap dealers that go in the big scrap yards on setevenson road on any one day i bet you that they dont have any business bank accounts or accounts for their business bet theyre also on the dole scrounging.

I think its time the businesses that buy scrap should be prosecuted for handling stolen goods.By doing this it will surely get rid of the thriving toe rag scrap dealers

I think its time the businesses that buy scrap should be prosecuted for handling stolen goods.By doing this it will surely get rid of the thriving toe rag scrap dealers

Receiving stolen goods, failure to comply with their waste handling obligations and breach of the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 1964...

Plenty the authorities could hit them with if they wanted, but thieves are good for the economy so they don't.

So if your are .....just a carrier...... you shouldn't be.........stripping it all down before weighing it in.... should you ?

its called re-cycling...the scrap men dont take plastics.....instead of throwing it all in the landfill...we separate our waste....we are only thinking of the enviorment....happy days

Oops.. :rolleyes:

a daisy.......looking after our planet.....that's us....its not about the money...

its called re-cycling...the scrap men dont take plastics.....instead of throwing it all in the landfill...we separate our waste....we are only thinking of the enviorment....happy days

I am well aware what its called thanks...point is you are a waste carrier....not licensed to strip anything