Filming people on the streets of Sheffield

so if i send a film or photo of a police car with his headlight out will the driver be fined like i was

so if i send a film or photo of a police car with his headlight out will the driver be fined like i was

Hopefully, yes.

In a word, no.

John X

This attitude always makes me want to pull my hair out!

I don't want to give the police my name and address because it is none of their business!

The same with CCTV, e-mail monitoring and mandatory DNA samples. If you are not doing anything illegal why would you object to a CCTV camera outside every front door, every e-mail sent read by the police/security services and a database with everyone's DNA sample on it?

Maybe I just don't want any of the above! That does not make me a criminal or a suspect. :roll:

John X

If you haven't commited a crime why are you against a dna database. I find it interesting and amazing how dna can have been took years since and eventually matched up to a crime scene and a killer or rapist caught because of it.

But why would you be awkward if you were doing nothing wrong?

Would you be happy to give your name and address to anyone who came up and asked for it?

Glad that's all cleared up, just need an idea for my film/documentary of nonsense now then.

If you haven't commited a crime why are you against a dna database.

If I haven't committed a crime, why would they need me on a DNA database?

If you haven't commited a crime why are you against a dna database. I find it interesting and amazing how dna can have been took years since and eventually matched up to a crime scene and a killer or rapist caught because of it.

Because I might wish to commit a crime in the future.

For instance (silly extreme example but just for the point)

A government takes control that is somewhat less democratic, and whilst putting a veneer on things and allowing voting, and allowing all candidates, voting a certain way came under a law outlawing support of one particular branch of politics.

You wish to defy this law and vote anyway for all the god it might do but DNA is a simple route back to all anti-government voters

Couldn't happen here? Well, you may think that but our government system with a Royal Family as little more than an expensive, upmarket Punch & Judy show for the tourists, at one point "couldn't happen here"

And so what if THAT couldn't happen. It's an extreme example to illustrate simply the anti-democratic nature of a DNA database and apparatus which would enable you to be profiled and put on a "list" for having an opinion and voice which you are SUPPOSED to have without fear, just for, as an example, handing out some leaflets.

If you haven't commited a crime why are you against a dna database

Loads of reasons!

One would be that the medical insurance companies could save a fortune (literally billions!) if they could screen out high risk customers. They would pay a fortune for the DNA of everyone in the UK.

Do you trust a future government (or even this shower!) not to get themselves out of a finacial hole by flogging off the DNA database to the highest bidder?

John X

Loads of reasons!

One would be that the medical insurance companies could save a fortune (literally billions!) if they could screen out high risk customers. They would pay a fortune for the DNA of everyone in the UK.

Do you trust a future government (or even this shower!) not to get themselves out of a finacial hole by flogging off the DNA database to the highest bidder?

John X

How would having a DNA sample save medical insurance companies I fortune?

How would having a DNA sample save medical insurance companies I fortune?

Either they wont insure anyone with the slightest risk of developing a serious disease or they will ratchet up the premiums accordingly. Either way they will be a lot of quids in.

Selling health insurance when you know what illnesses people are going to get, is like being able to put a bet on a horse AFTER you have watched it win the 3.15 at Kempton on Channel Four!

John X

Because I might wish to commit a crime in the future.

For instance (silly extreme example but just for the point)

A government takes control that is somewhat less democratic, and whilst putting a veneer on things and allowing voting, and allowing all candidates, voting a certain way came under a law outlawing support of one particular branch of politics.

You wish to defy this law and vote anyway for all the god it might do but DNA is a simple route back to all anti-government voters

Couldn't happen here? Well, you may think that but our government system with a Royal Family as little more than an expensive, upmarket Punch & Judy show for the tourists, at one point "couldn't happen here"

And so what if THAT couldn't happen. It's an extreme example to illustrate simply the anti-democratic nature of a DNA database and apparatus which would enable you to be profiled and put on a "list" for having an opinion and voice which you are SUPPOSED to have without fear, just for, as an example, handing out some leaflets.

The last thing the royal family want is a D.N.A. database.