Dubai .Why the hell would you go there

How anybody would consider going to Dubai for a holiday is beyond me.

This is a place of amazing cruelty and treat our citizens with contempt even resorting to bestial violence and murder as has happened recently.

A place for the trashy nouveau rich to display their wealth but they would think again if they ever got involved with their police.

This is a place of amazing cruelty and treat our citizens with contempt even resorting to bestial violence and murder as has happened recently.

A place for the trashy nouveau rich to display their wealth but they would think again if they ever got involved with their police.

Ever been Stewpot? Thought not.

My daughter has lived there for eight years and I've been ten times! Love it!!

I moved out just over a month ago and absolutely love it so far.

While not as bad as some of the stories you hear, Ian Tomlinson’s family would surely argue that police brutality happened in the UK. The crime rate here is very low overall, the consequences severe if you break the law. All of the things you mention could happen anywhere if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Love Holidaying in Dubai I'll be going again soon it's beautiful,They treat us great one guy died, that's sad but your reaction is OTT.

I went last year, was a fabulous luxurious holiday, and found everyone friendly and respectful - certainly better than places like egypt or even spain where you get hassled to buy things!

you cant judge a whole place by murders - even sheffield has them you know.....

judging an islamic place by the stories in the papars again eh?

a hell of a lot of people go there every year and encounter NO trouble whats ever

it does help to learn about the place tho and the difference in laws etc that could get you into bother.

what about the two brits murdered in the US suburb? should we not go to the US??

Edited by melthebell

it does help to learn about the place tho and the difference in laws etc that could get you into bother.

So true.

Why do people travel all over the world and expect it to be a little bit of home in the sun.

Why do people travel all over the world and expect it to be a little bit of home in the sun.

exactly, you travel some place different for it to be different, not exactly the same

is this the first time we've agreed for a while malky? *gets worried*