Should there be a filter light at these traffic lights

Hi the other day i was at the traffic lights at the junction of barnsley rd where the netto is and i was coming from ecclesfield wanting to turn right onto elm lane the lights changed to green 3 times while i was waiting and eventually on the 4th time i managed to turn in my opinion there should be a filter light for all vehicles wanting to turn right from both ends of barnsley rd anyone agree?

In this situation I would cross the line when the lights turn green and sit and wait for oncoming traffic to clear then make my maneuver. There is no point in sitting behind the line while the lights are on green, you get frustrated and drivers behind you get annoyed.

If there is a yellow hatched area this does not apply to traffic turning right.

Hi the other day i was at the traffic lights at the junction of barnsley rd where the netto is and i was coming from ecclesfield wanting to turn right onto elm lane the lights changed to green 3 times while i was waiting and eventually on the 4th time i managed to turn in my opinion there should be a filter light for all vehicles wanting to turn right from both ends of barnsley rd anyone agree?

Please don't tell me you waited behind the line ........... :roll: Even junctions with filter lights have a sensor in the road to operate the filter. If there is no car in that space the filter may not operate if its not on a timed sequence.

Edited by satman2222

no i dint wait behind the white line well not after the 2 cars in front of me eventually managed to turn right

Ah well, if someone else was holding you up then I know the frustration that can create.

Traffic can be a pain sometimes.

should deffo be a filter coming the other way, turning right into hatfield house lane. Many a time I've started turning and someone flys over the brow at 50 mph. Slightly off the subject, Never understood why it's 40 mph outside ecclesfield school either when it's 30 down Halifax road dual carriageway ???