Abusive forum people a disgrace.

For some strange reason people think the Internet has some kind of anonymity, which it doesn't, and they believe they can get away with saying stuff that they wouldn't be able to face-to-face. They are just unhappy keyboard warriors, looking for arguements to annoy people with, which is sometimes targetted. That's the typical SF mentality - They try and make themselves feel good by dragging everyone down to their level. I reckon that most of the time they don't even believe in what they're saying.

Yes but that is the point the internet DOES have 'some kind of anonymity' and they do get away with it :confused:

the abuse i got from people who thought i was some dirty pervert was unreal,yet not one pm/post had a swear word,this wouldnt have been followed up even if i did report the abuse i got as some of it was from the forrum moderator,if ya dont like other peoples views,then dont prod,ya might find wots underneath int reight nice....

Apparently interest groups police themselves as you have found out …….. Don’t mess with the Pet owners or Parenting groups :D

Apparently interest groups police themselves as you have found out …….. Don’t mess with the Pet owners or Parenting groups :D

god yeah.... pet owners!! Mine have to be approved before I can submit them :hihi::hihi:

Busted. :hihi:

think not sir/madam,

a few posts have been deleted,the first 1 posted read something like.....is a terrible reason for wanting to stud ur dog,its people like you that are this and that,,,,,again,it seems a forum mod is deciding who can and cant start a topic,if they believe a topic is irrelevant or discussed b4 then they close it,posts HAVE been deleted,and another point,not 1 person gave any friendly advice on where to search the forum for help on this topic,just got abuse from people who thought i was a staffy walking,cider drinking ''middle aged man with a red face sat in braces in front of my computer.it seems like there is a 'local place for local people' mentality on here from some mods and members who have been on a while,

This is prejudice,doesn't matter if there's no abuse,comments like that can rile people just as easily as calling them whore e.t.c.

Especially if they are racist bnp thugs reading this......remember people,sticks an stones...........:rant:

Why do some people find the rules so hard to understand. ?

I own a couple of forums, and if something is posted i wouldn't be happy, for example, as this is a family forum, my mum to read, it's gone.

If your using a family forum a certain amount of self moderation should be practiced, if you can't do that then you have no place here.

It's quite simple.

you own a forum?:huh:

,,,again,it seems a forum mod is deciding who can and cant start a topic,if they believe a topic is irrelevant or discussed b4 then they close it,

That’s part of their job.

... just got abuse from people who thought i was a staffy walking,cider drinking ''middle aged man with a red face sat in braces in front of my computer..:rant:
This is a bit off topic, but I think I remember this thread, I don't think people really thought you were like that. I personally just thought you were a naive, inexperienced person, who had no idea about dogs, or dog breeding, or the plight of pet animals generally. Or that the pounds are stuffed full of unwanted and abandoned animals.

It was a bad idea couched in a silly way ... help my dog lose his innocence! :rolleyes:

Sorry if that offends you, but it's the truth and if you post something trite or silly on a public forum, you have to expect to get flamed. It's what happens.

Great thread. My wife and I have been put off using the forum unless we have anything really useful to say. Have discussed the abuse problems with Medusa but it seems I an seen as the problem. In my view if they can' t moderate the forum properly, it should be close down. In these days of litigation someone will get sued before long.There are lawyers scanning forums like this to make big money for libel cases.

how does one own a forum??

I used to have a business web site which simply cost £60 a year to host and £1.99 for the domain name. I added a forum which was completely free, which attracted 400 or so members, but I found there was all sorts happening behind the scenes... people using PM's to message members and advertising their own businesses etc, or just sending abuse. It's a very corrupt world.