Big Wheel replacement

i dont know but we need something there. its awfully empty. something to bring in visitors. or a nice fountai n.

The fountain thing has been done and frankly it was always disappointingly turned off due to nutters putting soap powder in etc. Perhaps a statue of some sort that would mean something to the current people of sheffield? Or something similar that could grab kids attention. Wish the wheel could have stayed it looked good.

The fountain thing has been done and frankly it was always disappointingly turned off due to nutters putting soap powder in etc. Perhaps a statue of some sort that would mean something to the current people of sheffield? Or something similar that could grab kids attention. Wish the wheel could have stayed it looked good.

I remember jumping in the old Goodwin fountain after we lost in the FA Cup semi in 1983 and shivering all the way down to The Old Blue Bell for lasties:hihi:

Planning permission as per notices on Fargate and on the council website have now been submitted to erect a Star Flyer (a large pole with swings on it) situated on Fargate.

just been reading about Glasgow the do a magnificent indoor funfair with a famous soft drink company ,that would be fantastic in sheffiel each xmas/newyear,it has several halls with different funfair rides/stalls inc inflatables it magnificent,why cant we have that its brilliant.

just been reading about Glasgow the do a magnificent indoor funfair with a famous soft drink company ,that would be fantastic in sheffiel each xmas/newyear,it has several halls with different funfair rides/stalls inc inflatables it magnificent,why cant we have that its brilliant.

I assume that's in the SECC? Apart from the Arena where would you put it in Sheffield..?

There's an indoor one in the Metro Centre in Gateshead I believe

There's an indoor one in the Metro Centre in Gateshead I believe

There used to be ..don't know if it's still there though..haven't been for years..

Yep, closed in 2008. Was opened briefly again in 2009, but can't find any reference to if it still is.

if we could bring the Glasgow irn bru carnival idea to Sheffield it would bring thousands of visitors,who would spend money,stay in hotels and really put Sheffield on the map,bit like fright night did but over a 4 week period,they state its what the public want and fills a need,i think its great,but who is big enough to bring it to Sheffield?

please note I do like the star ride thanks