What you miss about the UK

Carvery lunches at the Crosspool Tavern. Pork sandwiches with stuffing and crackling.:love:. And of course good old Henderson's.

what about the footy ( or should that be soccer ), love or hate it you cant be unaffected by it in Sheffield.

Mushy pease- love 'em:hihi: oh & not speaking English where I am now:(

Fish & chips do come before family.:hihi:

£1.50 with peas luv, I eating 4 meals in a DAY

Miss the pubs more for their atmosphere than the bitter, but that's good too.

Miss the scenery, English food, good newspapers, good tv, even the weather as there are no seasons where I am and it only rains a few days a year :-/

Oh yeah, family and friends too

Good newspapers? Such as?:huh:

Nothing yet, but I've only been away for 4 months.

Pubs have been mentioned a few times but not beer or is it just the pub atmosphere that is missed?

There are loads of pubs in Toronto, and most of them are like English pubs (but cleaner)

Most people miss the fish & chips. So do I. But, during my last 2 visits to Sheffield, I had trouble finding a decent f & c shop. Great one in Aberdeen. The f & c I bought in Sheffield were like over here...greasy and mushy.

As for the old style British pubs, these also seemed a scarcity. Most offer full menu food service and are much like they are over here.

Fish and Chips, Sheffield accents and quick wit. Public transportation, Hendersons, Porkshops, e.i.pork pies, pork sarnis, Roses custard slices.

Bacon, Gammon, Ham of the bones, Thorntons continental... Whitby,

Ecclesall Woods and bluebells, Hedgehogs.

Good newspapers? Such as?:huh:

Sheffield telegraph (not the pile of * star), Yorkshire post, times, telegraph, independent (at a push)

Nice to read the real news if like me you live in a 3rd world country where everything is censored and the govt control the local press.

After a few years I've even become a BBC fan. They offer far more to overseas people than they do to licence payers....