Dogs Off Leads In Parks - The Legal Position

all dogs should be kept on a lead because its not fair on the other dog owners who has them on leads, i had my dogs on lead an some bloke didnt have his on lead, i asked him if he could put it on the lead but he turned round and said, dont worry my dogs not aggressive. then his dog walked up to mine and my dogs went for it i had to keep pullin leads back before he got his dog.

So your complaint is that your dogs are too aggressive to be let off the lead?

... people arnt good dog owners if there guna let there dogs come near another without knowing what the other dog is like. and they cant care about there dog much.
They're also not very good owners if they can't stop their dogs attacking others.

... i got 2 staffys and he let is jack russel loose near them lol. wont be so lucky next time
So you think it's funny that your dogs will attack any other dog that comes near them, and you acknowledge that if it happens again you will let your dogs attack his? What a responsible dog owner you are.

because i go running with them and the dogs go everywhere with me so they get plenty of exercise!!

Given their aggressive nature and lack of training I hope you keep them on a lead.

jb

Edited by barleycorn

What nonsense.

Laws exist and the information is publicly available.

Ignorance is no defence.

Yet you will usually find that serious offenders would be warned when observed, made aware of the bye-laws and expected to follow them in future.

How can a question be nonsense? Did you actually read what I'd written?

A question can be nonsense when it is based on a false premise?You claim to be smart but have problems with simple concepts.

People do not read all you type as your posts are too detailed,verbose even,dare I say.Keep it brief-it worked for James Elroy.

Edited by avidcameron

If I were you I'd quit whilst you not any further behind.:roll:

Mod Note:

Please keep it civil. If this continues, the entire thread may be placed under review and possibly closed.

Also, masked swearing is not allowed

Thank you.

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 12:01 ----------

Mod Note:

Text speak is not allowed. These posts will be removed and you can face a possible ban for disregarding moderators warnings.

If anyone here needs clarification of forum rules, please contact the helpdesk

Thank you

Isn't it illegal to have a dog off the lead in a public place?

Clearly not.

---------- Post added 10-10-2013 at 20:39 ----------

A question can be nonsense when it is based on a false premise?You claim to be smart but have problems with simple concepts.

Where did I claim to be smart? You're just making things up...

And what false premise what this particular question based on?

Just to help you out, this is what I asked.

What are the requirements of bye-laws then?

That was with regards to people knowing about them...

Post #130 cgksheff has apparently changed his mind;

Councils do have a duty to inform

Oh, right, perhaps that pertains to the question I asked.

Anyway, you've probably stopped reading by now, too many words for you or something.

Edited by Cyclone

No.............

Maybe parks should have an enclosed area to cater for dog owners.

Away from the kids playground and ponds/lakes where other wildlife may inhabit.

Just to chip in regards the post naming parks and the byelaws. These can easily be challenged if national legislation supercedes such out of date requirements. In this case a DCO (Dog Control Order) would be cited. This does state that requirements such as being on a lead should be displayed. I know nothing about law, but that's how I see it through Google goggles.

You openly admit to swearing quite a bit in public,but got offended by the man telling you to pee off?.I don't know the legal part of it,but I do know if I was sat minding my own business with my partner,and some careless owner "let" their dog crap next to me,,,I would be annoyed to say the least!.Wether you picked it up or not is irrelevant.Its the fact that YOUR animal,be it ferret,hamster,dog or donkey!.Was un-supervised.You claim to be a responsible owner?,then why let your dog crap at the side of people eating?.And as for the apoligy,I should hope you did!,this should have rolled out of your mouth without even thinking about it.

Sorry I gave my dog the chance to crap at the side of you whilst you were eating?.

And not"sorry my dog chose that spot".

I was playing in the small football nets with my 2 kids, at concord park.When this great big alsation decided to charge towards where we were playing(at least 500 yards from owner).And decided to crap and pee in our goal!.Why should people like you be able to blame the dog for being unpredictable,rather than take it on the chin,and hold your hands up to being an irresponsible owner?.What gives you or the other irresponsible owners right to spoil someone ele's day out!?.

Im sure you wasn't suprised that your dog might want to take a crap in a park,was you?.

Too right! You ruined their chips, then got on a verbal high horse!!

Maybe they should have an enclosed area to cater for people without dogs away from any other animals like feral ducks or arm breaking swans which may cross their path.

jb

---------- Post added 11-10-2013 at 11:20 ----------

Why? The dog didn't defecate in their food. It did it behind them so it wasn't even in sight. If your so offended by dog poo then why would you be sitting eating a couple of yards from the dog waste bin? Would you be so dramatically offended if a pigeon crapped next to you?

jb

Stop being a drama queen.

Parks are for human enjoyment. A "crap free" zone. Where kids can play on the swings and kick a ball about.Where folk can enjoy the flora and picnic without having to worry about standing in disgusting dog matter.

Even responsible dog owners cannot effectively remove dog faeces.