Playstation Network Outage

Then use a Mac with Steam running :P

If you don't have either...just wait until it is up again and find something else to entertain yourself with.

Like an Xbox 360 ;)

5 days to admit that credit card details might have also been taken as well!!!!!!! ohh dear, thats sooo not good, everyone who has used a credit card beware!!!

PR disaster from Sony. If even a few people report their credit cards being compromised as a result of this Sony are in deep doo-doo.

The cause was hackers, but responsibility for ensuring a robust, SECURE network firmly lies with Sony.

Sony plunging further into the mire.

The Sony zealots will be squirming now.

Reports already flooding in from people who have had their credit cards compromised in the days following the attack. Unencrypted passwords, non use of hash tags in credit card numbers, breaking the law on PCI financial regulation compliance.

If Sony were a bank they would be fined heavily by the FSA for such blatant security breaches and/or possibly shut down.

Amazed how relaxed some people are about this. More concerned with getting online gaming back than losing their identity. Probably all ages 10-18 with no concept of identity theft.

Reports already flooding in from people who have had their credit cards compromised in the days following the attack. Unencrypted passwords, non use of hash tags in credit card numbers, breaking the law on PCI financial regulation compliance.

If Sony were a bank they would be fined heavily by the FSA for such blatant security breaches and/or possibly shut down.

Amazed how relaxed some people are about this. More concerned with getting online gaming back than losing their identity. Probably all ages 10-18 with no concept of identity theft.

Have you got a link to these stories? I'd be interested to see them.

I can't see Sony making another console, the PS3 has been a complete disaster!

Really?! why so?

5 days to admit that credit card details might have also been taken as well!!!!!!! ohh dear, thats sooo not good, everyone who has used a credit card beware!!!

Not just credit card details; postal addresses, email addresses, PSN ID and PASSWORD!

I use the same password for most things inc PSN, so now I've got to change my password on all sites I use. :mad:

I wish they'd be a bit more certain too. This morning it was 'may have been stolen'. I don't want to know if it may have been, I want to know if my details have or have not been stolen.

I wonder if any of them have told their parents, who no doubt pay for these services for them.

Really?! why so?

This whole thread for a start.

This whole thread for a start.

The notion that this episode somehow equates to the "PS3 has been a complete disaster" is laughable, and complete nonsense.

The notion that this episode somehow equates to the "PS3 has been a complete disaster" is laughable, and complete nonsense.

Exactly. Not everyone who owns a PS3 uses the Network. Not all that do solely rely on it.

It is a shame this has happened and peoples data has been stolen, however this does not take away from what is a very good console with good games and, generally, good online capability.

Nearly 50m units sold can't be considered a failure (very similar figures to the 360 unless I am mistaken). I was an xbox stalwart and have not looked back since buying a PS3 four years ago - partly because I couldn't stomach coughing up for xbox live membership (it's not infallible either).

I am a bit miffed however as I just bought a slimline for online play as my older unit had troubles, and now this has heppened. Ironic sense of timing.