Playstation Network Outage

psn is still down this is getting ridiculous now 6 days its been out when is it coming back on ??? some people are saying 8oclock tonight but i was reading yesterday that it was supposed to come on at 7am today any ideas ??

I can't see Sony making another console, the PS3 has been a complete disaster!

wish people would shurrup moaning about it.

it will be on when its on.

i would rather sony leave us without psn for days and them sort all the security out and make it safe rather than then rush to get it back on for the moaning minis.

anyway from what i heard, the hackers left the servers in a right tangle and they have had to rebuild the lot.

Be patient, not the end of the world, there is other things in life other than online gaming.

I can't see Sony making another console, the PS3 has been a complete disaster!

Actually I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the PS4 is already in the pipeline... By which time the next Xbox will probably be out, I know which one I'll be getting :hihi:

I just want MS to make the next Xbox 100% backward compatible with ALL current 360 games and hardware, especially Kinect... Region free gaming would be nice as well, but that only happens with Nintendo handhelds.

Look, can we keep the "my console is better than yours" arguments to the school yard, and stay on topic please.

No official word on when it will come back on yet - just web rumour and speculation. Best places to check for official word are the Sony PS Blog http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ or the Twitter feed https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU

anyway from what i heard, the hackers left the servers in a right tangle and they have had to rebuild the lot.

From the reports released so far, the intrusion didn't actually do a lot of damage, but Sony took down the servers to prevent any further intrusions. The delay in starting up again are to take the opportunity to plug the breach that led to this incursion, and also sweep for other flaws.

I imagine it is patch time again as soon as it is back on :)

And if you don't have a PC?

Then use a Mac with Steam running :P

If you don't have either...just wait until it is up again and find something else to entertain yourself with.

It took me about 3 days to realise it wasn't working. I use the PSN a lot less than I thought. At least it can still access the net.

Region free gaming would be nice as well, but that only happens with Nintendo handhelds.

Except the 3DS isn't region free. And the PSP and PS3 both are.

Nice to see the accuracy of your information hasn't improved any in the time you were away.:hihi:

Then use a Mac with Steam running :P

If you don't have either...just wait until it is up again and find something else to entertain yourself with.

Like an Xbox 360 ;)