Playstation Network Outage

xbox > PS3. I have the PS3 too and been soo anooyed with it as I want to watch love film. Xbox has never had this problem :P

Edited by ray320cd

Good job xbox never had this problem, everyone would be demanding refunds!

Bless em it was such a shame when we all herd what was going on over there. I just wanted to jump into the screen and help em.

Oh don't u just hate hackers grrrrr. There are some really talented hackers out there i have seen a few in my time :D

xbox > PS3. I have the PS3 too and been soo anooyed with it as I want to watch love film. Xbox has never had this problem :P

Except when Live went down for two weeks in 2008. But aside from that...yeah never :/

Good job xbox never had this problem, everyone would be demanding refunds!

The got a game called 'Undertow' for free as compensation. It's an average game.

The got a game called 'Undertow' for free as compensation. It's an average game.

If I remember correctly I got 500MS points as well as the free arcade game.

I wasn't expecting anything to be fair, I was paying £2-3 per month for Xbox Live, being without it for a few days hardly broke the bank - I do think its pretty funny how angry some people are getting over this outage, surely it just gave the opportunity for people to actually go gout and interact with real humans.

I do think its pretty funny how angry some people are getting over this outage, surely it just gave the opportunity for people to actually go gout and interact with real humans.

The PS Blog is an amusing read. For the first day it was full of people ranting that Sony were not updating them. Now, with daily updates, people rant that they are updating them with the same news (service still down - still working on it).

So many people demanding compensation...for a free service being down (and a few saying that 'plus' isn't free without realising that plus is effectively a subscriber discount service for the store).

Then you have the ones who act like it is the end of the world - "I bought Portal 2 and can't play it! What can I do?" How about use the free copy of the PC version you get with the PS3 version instead? "I just wasted a bank holiday weekend because I couldn't play my games online!" Seriously...'wasted'?? I'd say you wasted a weekend if all you did was play games. I may not be the most adventurous of folk, and don't like going out in the sun that much, but if I had a long weekend off I'd have people around for drinks and laughs (and maybe some offline party gaming) rather than sit glued to a screen playing SOCOM all weekend!

How about use the free copy of the PC version you get with the PS3 version instead?

And if you don't have a PC?

any news on when it might be up? it didn't bother us too much over the weekend cos the weather was so nice we were out in the garden a lot, but no we are back at work Id like to play some games and watch lovefilm in the evenings. I don't mind that Sony are fixing it and making it more secure and maybe even improving the network, but I do wish they would get it done :)