Playstation Network Outage

That's the sole purpose I subscribed to PSN+.

My PS3 turns itself on in the night, downloads all the updates my games need then turns off again.

Yeah, that's one useful function. As are the 'cloud saves' that they introduced recently (although two weeks too late for me - lost all my save games on my dead machine just before the update was introduced)

They obviously took it down to upgrade it etc etc, but blamed it on hackers so the playstation user base wouldn't be angry at them.

Companies have been doing the scapegoat strategy for a LONG time now. It's just damn funny that people still fall for it.

They obviously took it down to upgrade it etc etc, but blamed it on hackers so the playstation user base wouldn't be angry at them.

Companies have been doing the scapegoat strategy for a LONG time now. It's just damn funny that people still fall for it.

Yes that's "obviously" what happened. Because taking it down with no notice and no indication of when it will be fixed, not to mention further damaging Sony's already battered reputation for system security and causing worry that the hackers might have compromised people's personal details / accounts etc is clearly much better than telling users in advance what will happen and for how long (which is what they usually do).

Even a moments thought ought to tell you how ridiculous that idea is.

It's down because there is a custom firmware which allowed people to download everything on PSN - free of charge, access developer servers, etc.

There is quite a long thread on Computer & Tech Chat

Ha-ha! Perhaps you could read a book or talk to real human beings or something.

does anyone no when its coming bk on or even got a idea ?

That's the sole purpose I subscribed to PSN+.

My PS3 turns itself on in the night, downloads all the updates my games need then turns off again.

Yeah, that's one useful function. As are the 'cloud saves' that they introduced recently (although two weeks too late for me - lost all my save games on my dead machine just before the update was introduced)

They sound like superb features. Wonder if xbox world will get (if anyone knows it can be done know, please tell me how!) any thing similar in the future?

To some people, Sony are Gods.. There are also some people who are so blindly devoted to Sony they'd buy used Khazi roll if Sony sold it to them

Bit like M$ fanboyz, eh?;) Or did you learn nothing in your previous incarnation?:loopy: