Playstation Network Outage

It's been all over the news, it's knackered, not sure when it will be fixed, sorry for upsetting several million people.

Not the best PR to coincide with Microsoft's mega X-Box Live weekend.

The word is that the glitch originated on the Japanese servers. Any nonsense about LG are dismissed by the fact that LG's embargo was firstly against the EU market, and secondly dismissed a few weeks ago.

Another rumour has it that a splinter sect of 'Anonymous' - the hacker group out to get Sony - have launched an attack. However this is unsubstantiated.

The Japanese servers makes more sense given the recent disasters and aftershocks there. Loads of folk criticising Sony for not telling them the reason...perhaps they haven't worked it out yet.

As much of a gamer as I am (and as much as I was looking forward to some Mortal Kombat online action this week), I do realise that it isn't the end of the world. All the people acting like it is need to step away from themselves for a moment, look carefully, and realise how empty their lives must be if a lack of COD or SOCOM for a few days is going to be such a hardship!

I hope they offer some form of compensation to us PSN+ members.

Not that I was planning on using PSN this weekend, far too sunny.

The word is that the glitch originated on the Japanese servers. Any nonsense about LG are dismissed by the fact that LG's embargo was firstly against the EU market, and secondly dismissed a few weeks ago.

Another rumour has it that a splinter sect of 'Anonymous' - the hacker group out to get Sony - have launched an attack. However this is unsubstantiated.

The Japanese servers makes more sense given the recent disasters and aftershocks there. Loads of folk criticising Sony for not telling them the reason...perhaps they haven't worked it out yet.

As much of a gamer as I am (and as much as I was looking forward to some Mortal Kombat online action this week), I do realise that it isn't the end of the world. All the people acting like it is need to step away from themselves for a moment, look carefully, and realise how empty their lives must be if a lack of COD or SOCOM for a few days is going to be such a hardship!

i can't see it being to do with Japantbh, they will have servers all over the world to ensure that the ping rates are low and people get the max connection speeds available, its more than lightly they are codig some software to stop machines that have been "modded" from getting on the network after the geoholtz episode as they are mightly not happy that people have unlocked sonys...sorry their machines!!

Latest update is that an external intrusion onto the servers caused the initial issues. Sony shut down the servers until they can isolate and remedy the issue, to prevent further problems.

I blame Skynet :)

Latest update is that an external intrusion onto the servers caused the initial issues. Sony shut down the servers until they can isolate and remedy the issue, to prevent further problems.

I blame Skynet :)

Too late, It's already become aware.

According to someone on gamefaqs.com PSN has been hacked, hence the downtime... Wouldn't happen on Xbox LIve :rolleyes:

And don't give me that schtick about PSN being "free" either, you still have to pay about double the price of an Xbox for the "privelige"

Did happen at Christmas a couple of years ago.

Although that wasn't hacking, just not being able to keep up with demand.

been on the ps forums and it seem to look like hackers have torn the servers apart. apparantly as soon as they hacked it, the lot went down.

Sony are using the "hacking group" anon as a scape goat in all of this. At least when xbox live goes down, Microsoft admit it is them without blaming phantom "hacking" groups. Disgusting behaviour.

From past experiences, Anon are usually good for this.

If they say they aren't doing something....they aren't.

But even if it was, it shows a lack of commitment to their network. There's no resiliency to be seen.

I call a clever ruse!