Smartproof roofing

Has anyone heard of or had any experience with a company called Smartproof. It is a roofing company. A friend of mine has/is having some work done by them and I am getting very suspicious of them being cowboys. Hope someone can reassure me I am wrong!

Don't know about this comapny in particular but do know that some dodgy folk has jumped on the new way of renovating your roof tiles with a special protective paint.

If you're really worried, tell them you're thinking of having yours done and ask them for some previous happy costomers for referrence. Hope for your friends sake these are a legit business x

Yes, I've looked at their web page but still feel uneasy. They are an elderly couple so don't really want to interfere unless I really have to.

Never mind the roof (which i have doubts about), just watch out for the mess your windows are left in after (dust and dirt) - and your neighbour's houses.

According to their website it reduces "ultraviolent" rays and prevents "several Tonnes" of water being trapped, I'd keep my distance :gag:

Edited by phawley

I had mine done about 6 months ago by Smartproof in Norfolk area, I checked them out before their rep arrived, and was happy to hear what he had to say, got to admit he was honest about everything he told me, did a good job, and I think I got a good price. The guys who turned up were OK washed it and sprayed some fungicide on it and then cam back a few days later to coat it, looks great, and although it's only 6 months, the house feels warmer and the bills are less, early days but somewhere around £40 a month ish cheaper, which isn't bad in this weather. Left it clean and tidy, I would recommend it, but you're up North, so don't know if you'll get the same job, hope so, but good to be wary. Hope it helps you decide, their site has loads of data, and you can check out a site called 'nansulate' which is where it comes from, some good info on it.

Never heard of them check their members of fmb, trustmark or any other trade associations this proves there a real company

Never heard of them check their members of fmb, trustmark or any other trade associations this proves there a real company

FMB (Federation of Master Builders) does not prove they are a 'real company' whatever that's supposed to mean. It along with lots of other trade assosciations are just bodies that charge a fee to allow their members to display their logo.

For the most part they are meaningless organisations who do not police their members standards of work, or offer any warranty for their members work.

I fell for the Smartproof sales patter and signed a contract for a re-tile of my roof last October. Foolishly I paid a deposit. I have had to e-mail, telephone every week for over 18 weeks asking when the work would start and received a series of vague excuses, " it's the weather holding us up" "waiting for the scaffolder" etc , etc, etc. Finally, some two weeks after promising to write to me to explain the delays I received a letter saying the price was to be increased some 30%, and demanding another £515 or "they would consider the contract cancelled".I am still waiting for my deposit to be returned.

Anybody out there managed to get a deposit returned?

hi my name is alan i own pinnacle roof coating if the elderly couple would like to have a chat about there roof you can contact me on 07879811038 i have done loads of roof cleaning and coatings got photos got a good name and i dont rip ppl off quotes are free im local and dont use contractors thanks