Moving costs up front?

Hi,

apologies to you, of course I wasn't intending to be abusive. All I was doing was making a light-hearted comment but if I have offended, I'm sorry.

I received quite a bit of contact from lots of van and driver companies following my post and to be honest, I had given up responding as I did have an idea of what I needed. I'm sure you all provide a useful service and will ensure I keep my thoughts under wraps!

As an aside, one of the companies I received a quote from, but were booked did suggest contacting Dave if I wanted to do the move in a couple of trips but I need to be out in one go so that wouldn't work.

Move all completed. Removal company were great, really helpful and quick. Had to put some over-sized items into temporay storage so used 'Big Yellow'. A bit paper intensive when booking but got a discount so all seems good for now!

Has anyone seen my kettle though? Must be in one of those hundreds of boxes, somewhere.......I might be some time,

Oh, who's good for skips by the way? Previous householders have left alot of stuff in the garage, not reallt wanted!

Why not try a "man with van" - usually cheaper than a skip and you now have a lot of contacts!

:gag:

We moved 5 weeks ago from Sheffield to Scotland. We used Pickfords and had their full packing service, we did have to pay the full amount up front but only a few days before move.

Everything went well on day, and we ended up with only a couple of minor damages which they are paying for.

Move all completed. Removal company were great, really helpful and quick. Had to put some over-sized items into temporay storage so used 'Big Yellow'. A bit paper intensive when booking but got a discount so all seems good for now!

Has anyone seen my kettle though? Must be in one of those hundreds of boxes, somewhere.......I might be some time,

Classic mistake,lol. Very first thing our removers told us "don't pack your kettle", lol

We moved 5 weeks ago from Sheffield to Scotland. We used Pickfords and had their full packing service, we did have to pay the full amount up front but only a few days before move.

Everything went well on day, and we ended up with only a couple of minor damages which they are paying for.

We used Avante Removals, mainly because they were local and had good recommendations on the Forum. They tried really hard to get our wardrobe upstairs but it wasn't happening so that and a few other bits went to Big Yellow, we didn't have to pay the removal lads any extra to do this so they got a tip instead. I don't think anything was damaged although I've still got about 60 boxes to go through!

Big Yellow is like Fort Knox and we got a discount initially although in the long term I'll have to see about selling the things in there. Anyone want to buy a huge triple wardrobe that doesn't fit into an attic!

I'd recommend getting a fixed price quote rather than a per hour quote. The move before last was per hour and I ended up doing a lot of work myself as they seemed to be in no hurry. It was nearly 9 p.m. before we finished and we only moved from Crookes to Walkley!

who did you use?

When we moved back to Liverpool from Sheffield we used Avante Removals. They sent someone to see us then gave us a fixed price which was very reasonable. They are also listed on the Forum. The number is 0114 2888314. We did pay a deposit but that seemed fair to us, a couple of the others did want the full amount upfront and gave all sorts of reasons but I didn't agree with that so we went elsewhere!

yeah seems fair them travling to liverpool for you to use some1 eles or cancel while there on there way there!

Hi,

We didn't book anyone else, and we moved from Sheffield to Liverpool, not the other way round.