Practical Martial Arts

Only head-height kick that I've used with any proficiency in a street situ is a swinging hook after a body feint.

yerbody, where do u do brazilian jiujitsu.

High spinny kicks on the street might work if you've got room to pull them off, but if you're in a crowded place, or wearing the wrong shoes, the ground is wet, slippy, etc then surely you could just end up on your arse?

high spinning kicks dont work

Big movements are good and generate a LOT of power in both punching and kicking. If you have the time to use those big movements then i dont see why not, as long as you make sure that you have your opponents balance first then you should be ok.

Personally i wouldnt go for any fancy spinny kicks. I do however think they look cool :-)

lol, im all for high kicks etc, its not a matter of being unbalanced, as if u can pull em off fast enough, there's no risk...

High spinning kicks on the street !? ... that's a joke.

Your center of gravity would be way up and you'd be way too unstable ... plus the wind up and time take for foot to reach opponent is way too lonh.

Result ... you'd be on the floor looking pretty stupid.

There are times and places to use them.. Obviously... But if ur opponent is pretty dazzled, there's no problem with landing a spinning kick to finish them off. You've gotta be pretty damn slow if ur gonna get caught n put to the ground if u think ur using it at the right time.

If the opponent is dazzled / drunk etc ... it would be more appropriate.

If anyone wanted to try a spinning kick to me at head height ... they would end up on the floor (that is assuming I am clear headed and not restrained etc).

I dont know you mate, but i know some people that i'm sure could pull it off, and if u tried to block it, it'd break your arm.

Leave the flashy high spinning kicks for the movie screen where they belong.

They dont tho. You've just gotta be pretty confident and skilled in them for them to work.

And with a jumping kick, you can get ultimate power out of one of them if landed.