[Wheres your new clothes?]

When I was a young Tup I think I had a streak of madness in my makeup this story is an example.Back in the50s it was still the custom to rig out your kids with new clothes and shoes at Whitsuntide,in the built up areas kids would knock on doors of neighbors to show off their new duds and receive a little cash as a reward.We lived a little way from anybody so I missed out on this,anyway I went a walk down to the River Don to play,it was boiling hot so I took my clothes off and went for a paddle.As I was going into the water I knocked one of my new shoes in and it floated away into the mainstream and dissapeared,My reaction to this was to throw the other one in,I then thought sod it and threw everthing in and set off home.I walked in our yard in my underwear,my mother screamed out [Wheres your new clothes?] I said they fell in the river but it didnt seem to satisfy her andshe pumelled me all over the place.She could never see the funny side,miserable bugger!:hihi::huh::confused:

Edited by old tup