Digital Region Question

Yes, I realise that, and it looks like I may as well end up with a POTS service. Having said that the option (such as with Origin) of getting a VoIP service may be better given its supposed better quality - though I'd have thought the line quality will depend on the quality of the receiving party's service - a landline in North Korea, for example, probably not being that great. The disadvantages mentioned by Alex Atkin don't concern me greatly as my wife and I have each got a 3G service via our mobile smartphones, which run Skype and which are actually our handsets for such and, as mentioned earlier, we have the fallback (in case the service they use is unavailable) of a MiFi with a 3G SIM from a different provider that will always be powered up.

jeepers (Digital Region Limited) and OriginB (Origin Broadband) let me know between them, via PM, that the cabinet "SHA029" which serves me will be commissioned on October 27th though it may well be another three weeks before BT Openreach connect it to their PCP. I can wait that long but will have to see if my wife will when she gets back from working abroad at the end of September. So, it'll be a case of to Be or not to Be - or to DR ISP... et cetera. I'll post an update when we jump.

I've just signed up with Origin and am waiting to be connected. As a young start up company I am prepared to forgive them for the odd error on their website. It must be very difficult to get everything right straight away. Been very impressed with their customer service so far.

The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. I get the impression they are technical experts and do care a lot about their customers. I'm sure the marketing will improve as time goes on and I'd rather deal with a company that delivers good customer service than one that is very good at marketing and rubbish at backing up their claims. I also know someone who knows the two guys that started up the company and he has nothing but good things to say about them.

I've just signed up with Origin and am waiting to be connected. As a young start up company I am prepared to forgive them for the odd error on their website. It must be very difficult to get everything right straight away. Been very impressed with their customer service so far.

The staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. I get the impression they are technical experts and do care a lot about their customers. I'm sure the marketing will improve as time goes on and I'd rather deal with a company that delivers good customer service than one that is very good at marketing and rubbish at backing up their claims. I also know someone who knows the two guys that started up the company and he has nothing but good things to say about them.

Fully agree with you mate, I have ordered there 40mb/10mb service . just waiting to be connected with Origin, very impressed so far with there customer contact and professionalism , keep it up guys

Fully agree with you mate, I have ordered there 40mb/10mb service . just waiting to be connected with Origin, very impressed so far with there customer contact and professionalism , keep it up guys

You guys....(blushes)

We'll keep trying, chuffed you're happy.

Hi guys,

I'm nearing the end of my first 12 months with ripwire, but was wondering if a DR to DR migration process existed. I'm not immediately looking to move from ripwire, but I want the option in case something better/faster/cheaper came along. Can you migrate, or are we in cease/reprovide hell.

Also, what happened to my original ripwire thread. It seems to have been totally wiped from the face of the forum?

Edited by Dave h-j

Think mods removed it. Its still cached on Google though.

I have found all the Digital Region related threads vitally important for finally choosing Origin. Its pretty crappy for them to remove such useful information.

I have found all the Digital Region related threads vitally important for finally choosing Origin. Its pretty crappy for them to remove such useful information.

Makes two of us, was some really good info in the AWOL RipWire / Digital Region thread - it was in danger of going off-topic towards the end but would really love to know why its been removed rather then just pruned back a bit?!?

walkerx was voicing about how crappy Ripwire had been about attempting to fix their broadband problems. Someone high up at Ripwire took offence.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? Surely they should have just toned down any post that was inappropriate rather than killing off months of hard work getting feedback on Digital Region. There was a LOT of good information in there which I would have probably collated had I realised the moderators had such disregard for it.

walkerx was voicing about how crappy Ripwire had been about attempting to fix their broadband problems. Someone high up at Ripwire took offence.

Is that what the mods said (I.e. The official line)

Edited by Dave h-j

yes i had voiced my opinion both good and bad, if people weren't happy with the posts i made they could have been easily deleted/pruned.

Edited by walkerx