Waited ages for hospital treatment?

I was as it happens on Saturday, my daughter went to the childrens at 10:30 in the morning with a swollen foot, 14:30 we found out it was a broken bone, 16:00 we got out of there.

Did I complain, no, not once, I didn't even sigh and shall I tell you why....because where I was sat I saw a young boy rushed in who had been hit by a car, his neck in a brace and covered head to toe in blood, a young girl with Leukemia and another little boy who also looked in a very bad way, and when you see sights like that, once your spine has stopped shivering you realise that all-in-all your daughter can wait, the trip to meadowhall can be put off for another day etc.

Of course, you don't see these things from the waiting room in A&E because it all happens out the back, so you are left to think that you are the most important person there and should damn well be seen right away.

And please note, we didn't call out an ambulance, just as well really otherwise that little boy may have died. We merely pushed her up in the pram.

:thumbsup:

Well whats worse than someone having put in a wheel chair, unconcious at that, being ignored. When there is a waiting room full of alcoholics, sprained ankles etc

c'mon mate your not that daft, are ya!?!?!

Where was the mention of wheelchair and unconcious?

You know what not even doing this conversation with you. Ive said me bit. DONE!

Thought you'd done......no wait you had to come back and do another little strop

hopfully you will be in the same situation as us sometime soon... the end

Pathetic.

Well said Rossi & Watchcoll :)

Ive said me bit. DONE!

... the end

Thought you'd done......no wait you had to come back and do another little strop

Pathetic.

Well said Rossi & Watchcoll :)

They don't by any terms mean that's the end of it, he's right that's it, the end...

It's a childish way of verbally stamping your feet in a paddy....I used to do it, yeah when I was about 13 and I was being cocky with my dad.

Too many people in the country,why should any tax paying/NI contributor have to wait in the same queue as someone who has paid nothing into the system ?

Too many people in the country,why should any tax paying/NI contributor have to wait in the same queue as someone who has paid nothing into the system ?

Are you serious?

Because that’s how it works but I think you know that :roll: when we went to Canada on holiday our rep told us that in their health system no amount of money would help you jump the queue.

If we stopped NHS doctors doing private sessions maybe it would free up more time for them to do the job they were trained for.

2. May NHS consultants advise patients about the option of being seen privately?

The Codes of Conduct for private practice in England, Scotland and Wales explicitly state that consultants should not, in the course of their NHS duties, initiate discussions about providing private services for NHS patients. It is not acceptable, therefore, for doctors to suggest to patients who are placed on a waiting list for NHS treatment that the treatment could be provided quicker on a private basis. It is also inappropriate for consultants to raise the issue of private practice obliquely, for example by handing the patient a business card containing the address of both the NHS hospital and the doctor’s private consulting rooms or adding the private clinic address to the NHS letterhead.

This doesn’t happen does it :rolleyes:

Edited by Grandad.Malky

What is it exactly that you think should happen to improve things? Or indeed what is it that you think A&E staff are doing back there whilst you're just left twiddling your thumbs for 4 hours?

The truth of the matter is, there are a lot of time wasters coming in to A&E. Similarly, far too many people use the service inappropriately rather than going to minor injuries, walk in centre or just wait to see their GP. In addition to these people are the genuine victims of accidents or emergencies whose lives and limbs might be seriously compromised. A&E staff and medical/nursing staff in general are stretched well beyond their means at the moment with government plans to make us do a great deal more with far less resources. Staff routinely go without lunchbreaks or toilet stops because it is just so busy. We realise how frustrating and boring it can be to be left in a waiting room but it simply cannot be avoided when the sheer volume of people waiting to be seen have to be prioritised accordingy.

Maybe if people took a little more time to consider where best to go for treatment and a little less time slagging off the NHS, the situation would improve!

Have you waited ages for hospital treatment?

Apparently people going to A&E have to wait up to 4 hours to be seen

after being assessed with n a few minutes of arrival, having any first aid done /patched up, given analgesia if appropriate and investigations such as X rays ordered ...

and if you need treatment inpatients can wait up to 18 weeks to get it.

you can wait up to 18 weeks from the date of referral by your GP to get admitted

orderly queues dont exist in hosptals. the nearer to death you are the faster you will get seen to.

which is why people are assessed on arrival to the Emergency Department.

the problem is the white ethinically english doley scum would like that even less than the current system ... because all the 'darkies' and 'poles' that 'terk us jerbs' would get seen before thaem as well as as ethnic britians who work