Waited ages for hospital treatment?

Have you waited ages for hospital treatment?

Apparently people going to A&E have to wait up to 4 hours to be seen and if you need treatment inpatients can wait up to 18 weeks to get it.

Always had excellent treatment whenever I've visited A&E. Completely understand that they prioritise more important cases. I think you have to bare in mind when you go in with a sprained ankle someone with their arm held on by a slither of flesh will jump to the front of the queue. :D

My girlfriend slipped on a night out in the city centre on a wet floor in one of the toilets, and banged her head on the tiled floor.

We went to the hospital via ambulance, got booked in, got plonked in the waiting area and was arrassed by a drunk with a bag full of cider shouting at everyone, receptionists knew what was happening and didnt make an attempt to calm him down or even ring the police. After half hour we got fed up and called a taxi and went home.

I was really on edge with this guy, way bigger than me quite mad about somthing that happened to him that night but i thought he were gonna lamp me one or somthing, so we had to go.

Also a head injury surley is a straight through job. wasnt happy at all with the staff of northern general.

prior to that i went same hospital after a accident involving slashing my wrist on glass at work, and i was waiting there in the waiting room with dripping blood (cut 90% of my tendants) for about 2 hours. i complained twice. nothing was doing.

Edited by L.U.C.A.S

They can't just drop everything because YOU think that YOU are the priority.

I'm sure that anyone actually in need of urgent attention would be dealt with as so.

I'm fed up of hearing people having a go at the NHS.

Well whats worse than someone having put in a wheel chair, unconcious at that, being ignored. When there is a waiting room full of alcoholics, sprained ankles etc

c'mon mate your not that daft, are ya!?!?!

You know what not even doing this conversation with you. Ive said me bit. DONE!

My girlfriend slipped on a night out in the city centre on a wet floor in one of the toilets, and banged her head on the tiled floor.

Sounds bad that...

We went to the hospital via ambulance, got booked in, got plonked in the waiting area and was arrassed by a drunk with a bag full of cider shouting at everyone, receptionists knew what was happening and didnt make an attempt to calm him down or even ring the police. After half hour we got fed up and called a taxi and went home.

Oh, maybe not that bad after all.

Also a head injury surley is a straight through job. wasnt happy at all with the staff of northern general.

Did she die, no she went home so after all that fuss a visit to the A&E was probably a waste of everybodys time.

prior to that i went same hospital after a accident involving slashing my wrist on glass at work, and i was waiting there in the waiting room with dripping blood (cut 90% of my tendants) for about 2 hours. i complained twice. nothing was doing.

You're still here to tell the story despite all the complaints that werent dealt with, you weren't pushed up the list and just as well cos like I say you're still here, if you had been VIP'd the someone who originally was in much more need than you may have died, you were in he right place should anything go wrong.

Gets right on my nipples people whining that they went to the A&E and had to wait, like their time is more important than anyone elses. Personally if I worked in the E.D and you came moaning to me, I'd move you down a place. They do a great job, a job that many of us couldn't do and wouldn't do. Yeah ok, they get a lot of time wasters, people that go in because they've banged their heads and then leave half hour later because there's nothing actually wrong with them really and such like, but all in all they do a great job, and one day they might save your life and then you'll be grateful so stop moaning.

I was really on edge with this guy, way bigger than me quite mad about somthing that happened to him that night but i thought he were gonna lamp me one or somthing, so we had to go.

At least you was in the right place, if he had done :D

hopfully you will be in the same situation as us sometime soon... the end

Have you waited ages for hospital treatment?

Apparently people going to A&E have to wait up to 4 hours to be seen and if you need treatment inpatients can wait up to 18 weeks to get it.

Go private then,much better.

Gets right on my nipples people whining that they went to the A&E and had to wait, like their time is more important than anyone elses. Personally if I worked in the E.D and you came moaning to me, I'd move you down a place. They do a great job, a job that many of us couldn't do and wouldn't do. Yeah ok, they get a lot of time wasters, people that go in because they've banged their heads and then leave half hour later because there's nothing actually wrong with them really and such like, but all in all they do a great job, and one day they might save your life and then you'll be grateful so stop moaning.

what he said^^^^

on my only trip to A&E in an ambulance, i was met by a full medical team on arrival at the hospital, assessed, x-rayed, assessed again, x-rayed again and then prepped for surgery and straight in to theatre. all within about 45 mins of arriving.

but then my injury was potentially life threatening and was definitely limb threatening. i imagine there were some pretty miffed people with sprained ankles and bumps on their heads in the waiting room, after they saw me getting wheeled straight in to see a doctor before them.

orderly queues dont exist in hosptals. the nearer to death you are the faster you will get seen to.

I was as it happens on Saturday, my daughter went to the childrens at 10:30 in the morning with a swollen foot, 14:30 we found out it was a broken bone, 16:00 we got out of there.

Did I complain, no, not once, I didn't even sigh and shall I tell you why....because where I was sat I saw a young boy rushed in who had been hit by a car, his neck in a brace and covered head to toe in blood, a young girl with Leukemia and another little boy who also looked in a very bad way, and when you see sights like that, once your spine has stopped shivering you realise that all-in-all your daughter can wait, the trip to meadowhall can be put off for another day etc.

Of course, you don't see these things from the waiting room in A&E because it all happens out the back, so you are left to think that you are the most important person there and should damn well be seen right away.

And please note, we didn't call out an ambulance, just as well really otherwise that little boy may have died. We merely pushed her up in the pram.