Sign in to follow this  

Newb seeks racquet advice

Hi guys,

I've just started coming along to Tuesday evenings, and I'm really enjoying it. I'm currently borrowing Kate's spare racquet, which is very nice, but I wanted to invest in my own. Just looking on the t'interweb and there are too many out there for me to really understand what I should be looking for. I'm not a complete newb, but I'm also not an expert wanting to spend £150+, so a nice middle ground racquet is probably what I'm looking for. Any advice on where to look? Which makes are best? What should I avoid etc?

Any help much appreciated :)

Matt Roberts

Hi Matt,

We have recently invested in some racquets to lend on club nights. I tried one of them last night and was very happy with it. You could try one of those?

You will find many reasonable raquets out there without having to spend lots. My last racquet I got from Sports Direct around 3 years ago and only cost £30.

Decathlon are probably the best place to start, again £30-40 will get you a decent racquet.

Hope that helps, welcome to the group!

Allan

Edited by alko27
name

Thanks Allan, much appreciated.

I'll probably give some of the club racquets a go first to see if they're suitable and if so, buy something similar. :)