Payment Protection Insurance

Is this that thing I keep getting spam calls about, you can have your credit card debt wiped off if you took ppi out before 2007 (or something along these lines??).

Makes me wander how many of the claims are genuine. If you were misold ppi, isnt it a bit unfair to the CC company for them to wipe off your whole debt, surley they should just refund the PPI.

If people want to run up debts they should honour them and not try to scam their way out of them.

Id already written to the loan company and been fobbed off twice, my friend told me about a company he used so i tried them, We hadnt had a big loan so god knows how much you borrowed to get 7k back! This comapny did all the letter writing and dealing with the excuses, they didnt take any money off of us to claim it back they charged the ppi company for there work, Like i said it was only a small loan so i had worked out that we were owed around £600 and thats what we got, It worked for us :)

Has anyone tried to get their money back after taking out PPI. Have you discovered that the policy wouldn't pay out?

If you can prove it was mis-sold, which id guess it was, then you can claim any payments you have made, back. We did this sucessfully and took out an independant insurance, which cover the loan and our mortgage, for £18 per month premium. With the loan company alone it was £65 pm. robbing gits!! Id cancel it and check out http://www.britishinsurance.com/ depending on your needs. Good Luck XX

My husband had a loan and went through a company to claim it back, its pointless doing it yourself they just ignore you, This company was very good, they did everything and he received a cheque for £671 last week, If anyone is interested pm me for the company number and the name of the bloke, whos lovely aswell :)

Id already written to the loan company and been fobbed off twice, my friend told me about a company he used so i tried them, We hadnt had a big loan so god knows how much you borrowed to get 7k back! This comapny did all the letter writing and dealing with the excuses, they didnt take any money off of us to claim it back they charged the ppi company for there work, Like i said it was only a small loan so i had worked out that we were owed around £600 and thats what we got, It worked for us :)

There is absolutely nothing these companies can do which you cannot do yourself. It stands to reason that the banks are going to try and fob you off, after all they don't want to pay out. You just have to be prepared to take the next step - Ombudsman or issue a claim with the county court. Once they realize you are serious and can't be fobbed off they will capitulate and pay up*. Couldn't be simpler.

Doing it yourself also give you a great feeling of victory when you beat their arses.

jb

* you do of course have to ensure that you have a valid claim in the first place. For example, if you have successfully claimed on the insurance in the past then your screwed.

Is this that thing I keep getting spam calls about, you can have your credit card debt wiped off if you took ppi out before 2007 (or something along these lines??).

Makes me wander how many of the claims are genuine. If you were misold ppi, isnt it a bit unfair to the CC company for them to wipe off your whole debt, surley they should just refund the PPI.

If people want to run up debts they should honour them and not try to scam their way out of them.

These may be about either:

1) Missold PPI

2) Claiming back overlimi/late payment charges (which you can still do for credit cards as opposed to bank accounts for which you can't).

3) Lack of a signed copy of the original credit agreement.

Depending upon which one it is, the level of debt and the amount reclaimed they may agree to just wipe off the debt. This could work both for and against the claimant.

jb