Cow gap farm fishery

hi i am in a match at cow gap farm fishery at dungworth

in two week dose anybody know how to fish it, best pegs,

pole or feeder any info would be great .

hi i am in a match at cow gap farm fishery at dungworth

in two week dose anybody know how to fish it, best pegs,

pole or feeder any info would be great .

I went up there once to fish and I was afraid that if I cast my line to the other side I would have hit somebody at the other side. It is a small pond and I have not been since. I imagine that if there was a match there the lines would be tangled up.

It's a 20 peg pond with some weeds down the middle - if you're going to fill every peg for your match (ie. 20 anglers) there may be some problems with the pegs in the corners, but if you've got 15 or less & you remove the corners there won't be a problem (unless you've got anglers who can't cast straight!!!)

not fished it for a few months, so don't know how it's currently fishing, but there are a lot of fish in here, a lot of skimmers & F1 carp, some bigger carp, barbel, tench & crucians

If you draw pegs 4-7 you've got about 13m to the central weeds, and a very good depth in your open water zone with about 4-5' at 9m

if you draw in the far corner pegs there's a bit of a deep hole there, and a lot of fish congregate over there, don't need to be far out here, 8-9m will produce lots of fish

there are 3 or 4 pegs along the far side (with the low wall behind) where the margins weeds extend out a good distance, these are also good pegs, with a lot of good fish patrolling along the bottom of the margin shelf

also, the very last peg (20) although relatively shallow can be excellent, if the carp are starting to congregate for spawning, there'll be a lot of activity in this area, especially right into the weeds around the boat!

tactics - I tend to fish the pole with pellet, but meat & corn will produce, and maggots / casters will get lots of bites

a lot of people fish a small method feeder or bomb amongst the weeds for the carp, but be careful not to launch it too far & invade someone elses peg!

thanks for the info and yes only about 15 of us so should be ok