2 day walk in the Hope and Edale valleys

The orange plastic survival bags are a bit heavy, but they do double up nicely as a something to sit on if no dry spots :)

Just weighed up for the next trip (starting from Bakewell on Saturday).

No tent this time, just bivvy bag and tarpaulin. Total including 2kg of water is 12kg. Which I think is a bit lighter than last time. I got a relatively cheap bivvy bag from TKMaxx when I saw one at random in there. Better than the orange emergency ones though as it's supposed to be breathable and reusable. Cost £9.99 I think, so very much cheap and hopefully cheerful.

I've also picked up one of the self inflating camping mattresses in the blacks sale. I think he rang it through the till wrong as it ended up at £20 and started at £50 or £60.

I think I'll put the mat inside the bivvy bag, then the bag, should stop me rolling off the mat in the night then, maybe I can peg the bivvy bag down to keep me under the tarp.

I agree with medusa about waterproofs - I'll take them instead of an extra warm layer sometimes.

Plus, when you're camping, once you're wet you can't dry out again (unless you sit in the pub for long enough...).

I've ditched the waterproof trousers for this walk, it is August after all.

I'll wear my lightweight walking trousers, which if they do get wet, dry in about 30 minutes from body heat.