Best roast pork sandwich shop ?

.... and liquorice stick - it was not liquorice it was a kind of wood you shredded with you teeth....
This is liquorice root - and you can actually still get it here, for example. Makes a nice dessert after enjoying a pork sandwich and ha'penny duck..:)

Beres still sell haslet and savoury ducks, they're delicious...

You're right Bernard, the best was Friedrichs in The Wicker

savoury ducks from beres are gorgeous so is the black pud.

The best right now is Beres but the best I ever tasted in Sheffield was the one that used to be near Heart Foundation shop at top of the Moor

Travelled from Goa the other day back from hols 12 hrs 49 mins to get to beres on herries rd yum yum :P:P:P:P

Rooneys on Sharrow Vale Rd gets my vote.

Yes - Friedrich's sandwiches were superb, also their pies. Now it's Béres for me - delicious pork sandwiches. I bought a "Jumbo" one the other week from their Middlewood Road shop and then got on a No 14 bus. I couldn't wait until I got off at Wisewood School, so I started scoffing it on the bus. The delicious aroma wafted around the bus and several of the other passengers looked at me, hungrily and enviously..:P

You can still get ha'penny ducks in Ashby (near Scunthorpe) market. They are called "savoury ducks" but are just the same as I remember them from Funk's in the 1960s.. Mmmmmm.... I'm getting hungry....:)

I remember my dad bringing cracklin home on a Friday from Friedrich's. It was bliss and also the inner fat of the cracklin. Surprised both of us are still alive.

Does anyone know if the shop still exists?

Another vote for Roney's on Sharrow Vale Road here :)

wheres sharrow?

I remember my dad bringing cracklin home on a Friday from Friedrich's. It was bliss and also the inner fat of the cracklin. Surprised both of us are still alive.

Does anyone know if the shop still exists?

Yes! and owned by pork dodgers!

wheres sharrow?

It's the row of shops behind Eccy Road, starting at Hunter's Bar and going townwards.

Roney's is on Sharrow Vale Road, on the corner of Hickmott Road, if you want to look that up on an online map.