Best roast pork sandwich shop ?

:clap: Coming back to UK for couple of months soon. Last time there (maybe 4 years now) had fantastic Roast Pork Sandwich from shop somewhere in side street close to Wet Fish Market I think.... Anyone know if its still there ?? Edited by tuanton

Yup,Kings bacon shop in Dixon Lane down the side of Wilkinsons store.

Enjoy..........

:clap: Coming back to UK for couple of months soon. Last time there (maybe 4 years now) had fantastic Roast Pork Sandwich from shop somewhere in side street close to Wet Fish Market I think.... Anyone know if its still there ??

Dont know about that one...But Wenningers on London road had the best for me....Hot roast carved in front of you,,:roll::cool: Crackling and stuffing to order.. They had other branches so not in the loop now after 30 0dd years

Yup,Kings bacon shop in Dixon Lane down the side of Wilkinsons store.

Enjoy..........

Kings have a pork shop here in Wickersley and yes their pork sarnies are super.:D:D

Dont know about that one...But Wenningers on London road had the best for me....Hot roast carved in front of you,,:roll::cool: Crackling and stuffing to order.. They had other branches so not in the loop now after 30 0dd years

Agreed Wenningers was wonderful but it's gone. The best now for me is Beres.

Agreed Wenningers was wonderful but it's gone. The best now for me is Beres.

Seconded..............

Kings have a pork shop here in Wickersley and yes their pork sarnies are super.:D:D

cost too much but are nice try a ham sandwich ... very nice

Had a *pork*sandwich from King's on Dixon lane on Saturday,£2-75 I had one bite and through it in the bin!!!!Seemed to me like spam and not a proper pork sandwich which had been roasted.Don't know if it's changed hands but had one a couple of years ago and it was brilliant.

Beres pork sandwiches.....they also make fantastic meat pies , pork pies & coconut tarts ....

Not bad for a hungarian immigrant that started out in a small shop in wadsley bridge.

The smell and taste of the pork has not change over the years......wish I knew the secret.

Sadley the founder has now departed leaving his children to run his small empire...... RIP Alec

I'm not too keen on Bere's myself, they are very expensive and the meat is too thinly sliced.

I had an excellent one last week, I forget the name of the shop, but it's next door to Wendy's dog grooming salon on Chesterfield road. Best one I've had in ages.

I was in Bere's at woodseats about a month ago, and a woman came in and bought a pot of dripping. She had driven all the way from Manchester just to buy it :hihi:

Got to be Funks(Middlewood Road) for me.