Insider info on Sheffield

Hi im in the lengthy process of producing an article on Sheffield. In it I basically need to provide sort of an idiots guide to the place. As this is a website devoted to Sheffield I figured that some people might be able to provide some useful information. It also will provide a point of debate. The points I need to consider are listed below...

1. What is the history of the place, ive heard it is a city built on 7 hills, like Rome apparently!

2. What areas make up the city centre and are there any interesting points to note

3. What has Sheffield to offer, i.e. why come to Sheffield?

4. What and who is it famous for?

5. What is there offer for people going out in the evening?

6. What sport facilities are on offer?

7. What stuff is there to do?

8. Any other info, such as ive heard that Sheffield has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK, and it's one of the greenist cities in Europe? Has it won any awards? What is the average cost of a pint? Basically everything and anything that is interesting!

I would much appreciate any information or links to where to find these kind of things out.

Most of your questions have been answered - try looking through some of the old threads :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Andy

Most of your questions have been answered - try looking through some of the old threads :thumbsup:

Yeh, search the Forum for your research - it's all here :)

Good luck!

Originally posted by 4bes

Hi im in the lengthy process of producing an article on Sheffield. In it I basically need to provide sort of an idiots guide to the place. As this is a website devoted to Sheffield I figured that some people might be able to provide some useful information. It also will provide a point of debate.

What article?

Where is it being produced and printed?

Come on.. share the info!!!

Will you mention the winter garden? the potholes? the red light road? the peaks? the forum? the council? the parks? the people:) ? parking? Starbucks? the sense of humour? the regeneration? the beggars with blonde hair? red subarus? the weather as it happens? ...the potholes (again?) ? ... oh well... the whole shebang is here, within the pages.

Originally posted by 4bes

Hi im in the lengthy process of producing an article on Sheffield. In it I basically need to provide sort of an idiots guide to the place......

Ah, an idiots guide to

'the place'
eh.......

Why not just blag it from Here

And Google. if you want an idiots guide it's no good asking here :nono::P