Car parking at Graves Park

After reading post 2, isn't there already an adequate car park? Or is this not suitable for people who demand a parking space no more than 3 steps from where the want to be.

After reading post 2, isn't there already an adequate car park? Or is this not suitable for people who demand a parking space no more than 3 steps from where the want to be.

refer you to post 3

refer you to post 3

So you won't park in either of the 2 car parks provided?

I agree about the parking near the pavilion. There is also a car park just at the end of Charles Ashmore Road and also street parking by the chuch on Norton Lane. These are all just a little further away but still only a few minutes from the cafe.

I hope the grass that makes the park a park does not get taken over for extra parking.A car park next to a childrens play area cannot be safe. I appeciate not everyone can walk there or catch the bus but I'm sure some people could.Please think before deciding take the car.

refer you to post 3

If the said park cannot meet your demands, why not try an alternative location or method of transport. I went to Graves Park last year on a very muddy Sunday with the kids for a fair, the buses were not brilliant, but we got there and back.

So you won't park in either of the 2 car parks provided?

the 1 stoke2 car parks are inadequate,this is what the threads all about, if there was enough room i would gladly park there.

The one at Charles Aashmore Road had spaces in it both times when I went passed today. 11.15am and 1.30pm. There was also spaces in the pavillion car park around that time too. You must have been very unlucky if you went today.

I went their today and couldn't park anywhere. There wasn't an option to park in the road for me, as my van has a tail lift for my wheelchair, and regardless of what my window stickers say, people always park too close, so I can't get back in. So I went home.

The one at Charles Aashmore Road had spaces in it both times when I went passed today. 11.15am and 1.30pm. There was also spaces in the pavillion car park around that time too. You must have been very unlucky if you went today.

ok, so i am totally wrong , the car parking in and around graves park is more than adequate,dont want to get into any arguments so i will leave it there.Dont think this is the last we will hear of this though. REGARDS TO ALL

The car parking at graves park is now totally inadequate, with the visitors to the animal centre and the soon to be opened new play area there is simply not enough parking spaces to meet the volume of cars, especially at weekends.The grassed area at the top car park can be easily extended ( tarmaced ) to house dozens more cars with no detrimental effect to the park,s vast grassed areas. this would stop people driving round @round with limited success trying to find a free spot before driving out of the park and trying to park on buntings nook, which is very narrow and also dangerous, not to mention a pain to the local residents. i/we love to visit this beautiful park but it is becoming a total pain, can someone please do something about the parking .Whats the point of making the park so appealing , then stopping you getting in ????

I agree . Take no notice of the posters who say walk , bus it etc even if you live miles away. Lots of people i know live local and still take thier car. I would gladly pay a small parking charge . You have to be in the car park by 9.00 am to get a space on warm days. They should use the grass area on the left by the gate house on Derbyshire lane. It is away from the play area and hardly used, only by the odd dog walker.

I went there yesterday also,and there was no spaces, so I went to Matlock instead and enjoyed my Sunday there. But if I was that sure I wanted to spend my day in Graves (which I could have) then there is plenty of residential areas no less than 5 mins away from Graves Park that I would glady park on. It's not 100% convenaint for everyone, but living so close to Graves, you will have to accept that on a nice day the place will be packed.

We came to Graves after Matlock at around 4ish and it was still pretty full, I did manage to get a space though. There was a fella on a train taking people round Graves Park, all the usual stuff etc... and even 2 18 year old bums riding round on their motorbike with their faces covered up... never changes.

I agree . Take no notice of the posters who say walk , bus it etc even if you live miles away. Lots of people i know live local and still take thier car. I would gladly pay a small parking charge . You have to be in the car park by 9.00 am to get a space on warm days. They should use the grass area on the left by the gate house on Derbyshire lane. It is away from the play area and hardly used, only by the odd dog walker.

That's it then. You do know the council has special software which scans the forum for phrases like this then uses them as an excuse to introduce pay and display, permit parking etc.? They only need one person to agree, then it shows a demand.