Help with my bay tree and lavender plant

Hi I'm hoping someone could possibly give me a little advice. I have a garden well paved outside area so I have opted for pots everything is looking great and sprouting well apart from my bay tree and lavender.

Bay tree - repotted to a larger/deeper container so room for growth but its looking a little sorry for it's self. Do I need to trim/add something to soil/ plant food feed it/ should it be in direct sunlight? It was a gift and I don't want to kill it. I've had it a year so I must be doing something right. The leaves are green but have dry/brown edges on a few not all.

Lavender - it looks dead to be honest. In a large pot but I did break a twig off and saw green so thought it may be fine. Will it be ok to repot into something larger so that it will spread?

Many thanks in advance for constructive comments

It's likely that they were both damaged by the very cold winter. My 20 year old bay tree is just about hanging on, but only just.

I'd give both a haircut, repot or top dress both and give them a good feed, then leave them somewhere in a sheltered spot and cross your fingers.