One river, two images

The River Rivlen,

One with an ND 3.0 filter, another without... Any opinions?

5625538551_17708f5d8c_z.jpg

5626128544_2eaa00f245_z.jpg

K.

the top one looks a bit too 80's airbrushy - is there anything you could do to tone that down?

the top one looks a bit too 80's airbrushy - is there anything you could do to tone that down?

That's mostly how it came out of the camera, I've adjusted the white balance and exposure slightly to try and match the second photo. But I see what you mean.

K.

Edited by karl101

when I look at the second one, I can hear the surges in the torrents of water, but the first is hissing, and appears to be missing a unicorn or purple dragon... or perhaps a druid with a staff...

what was the effect you were aiming for? what were you hoping to convey to the viewer?

I prefare the top one,as the lower is what you'd see if you were standing there,Maybe a shorter exposure would loose a little of the misty effect,but its a good pic :)

JJ..

both nice shots, prefer 1st one though, yes this type of water pic has been done to death but it takes a bit of know how to do it well, you have done it well.

RM:)

I like them both but if i had to choose one to put on my wall it would be the second one

Thanks for the comments, very interesting. I know the photo's a bit of a cliché, but the first is a more technically challenging.

K.

Both are nice. Although think I prefer the 1st one because it has an almost magical appearance.

If you don't have an ND filter, you can get a similar effect by taking a number of normal images and stacking them in PS.

or take them in lower light with >1 sec exposure :)

forgot to add, 1st is my fav as well...