Whole family allowed gastric bypass on NHS!!

Yes they will be in for the removal of excess skin next then, and yes on NHS.

I know a woman who did the same and now has the choice of skin removal from two places of her choice. I have lost weight by myself and doctors wont allow me to have skin removal operation. NHS stinks. As I am coming up to 54 the elasticity is no longer any good. I had my stomach muscles cut through having hystrectomy over 20 years ago. 10 inches across so it now leaves what is commonly called an apron of skin.

doctors told me I would have to pay myself. Worked all my life. Wheres the help from all the contributions I made.

As things stand now you can only get plastics if there is a medical need, i.e. your apron is large enough or the excess skin folds keep getting infected it's not exclusive to people who have had weight loss surgery. It used to be considered beneficial to the mental health of previously obese people to have the extra skin removed but the PCT have stopped approving on a purely cosmetic basis. I also know of a lady who had an apronectomy after losing weight (due to crohns) by herself on the NHS and my cousin had breast augmentation on the NHS ten years ago to correct size difference.

If you feel you need/ qualify for NHS plastics then maybe see a different more sympathetic GP. I'm not entitled to NHS plastics so i'm saving up for mine

:)

Cut their willy's off?

(Techno-madical term: 'Chavedectomy')

Long term contraception (the 3 year implant) has seen a decline in uptake after reported weight gain :roll: Maybe somewhere the priorities are skewed :hihi:

"Well, if there's no money to be made out of breeding - you can sod off, mate! - I've ordered a pizza! I'm gonna join 'Wimmin of Walmart'" (A well-known feminist group):hihi::hihi::hihi:

I can't believe that 170 threads (including me) have been posted about this. We have chewed that much fat over this that we are now on page 9!!!:hihi: