Whole family allowed gastric bypass on NHS!!

....And?

Looks like it was a fantastic success to me. And it'll probably save the NHS a few quid, in the long run. They obviously wanted it so bad they felt it was worth risking their lives for.

I have to say this makes me really angry they 'claim' to have joined a Gym but the fact that the mother willingly put on a stone and a half in order to get the op says it all for me. why is this so easily available to people and not others ????? yet the NHS are struggling to pay my father in laws medication to keep his cancer under control I'm outraged!

The wife had to put weight on, so she have a gastric band so she could loose weight!.

you could'nt make it up. All that money spent on self inflicted treatment.

Must have been eating like pigs for years.

I'm stunned - 'Denise had to put on a stone and a half to be eligible' -what is that teaching anyone? Stuff your face even more and you will get an expensive op free of chargel?

I'm no skinny bird but this has really wound me up :rant:

We need to get to the nitty gritty here!

A) Are they unemployed

B) Are they claiming DLA

C) Are they asylum seakers

Not until we get this information can the character assassination begin!

Very, very sad. Motivation and determination are undervalued qualities it would seem. xx

I have to say this makes me really angry they 'claim' to have joined a Gym

.... so you're prepared to take the rest of the article at face value, but not that they had joined a gym, as they said they had?:huh:

the NHS are struggling to pay my father in laws medication to keep his cancer under control I'm outraged!

So, the NHS is paying for your father's cancer treatment. Why shouldn't other people benefit from the NHS?

.... so you're prepared to take the rest of the article at face value, but not that they had joined a gym, as they said they had?:huh:

So, the NHS is paying for your father's cancer treatment. Why shouldn't other people benefit from the NHS?

It is a matter of priority. Without medical help there is no cure for cancer. The family in the article had other life saving options open to them. xx

It is a matter of priority. Without medical help there is no cure for cancer. The family in the article had other life saving options open to them. xx

or a correct diet and exercise (on the latter comment)hope the person who is ill through no fault of there own gets well soon..

paul

Edited by skyline

I believe the NHS should always provide the best cancer treatment available without question, to all patients. I also believe that the country has enough resources to do this, if the government would get THEIR priorities right. The point I was making is that the costs to the NHS in the long term for this family would more than likely have outweighed the costs of the ops, so why not allow them better quality of life with that money?

or a correct diet and exercise (on the latter comment)hope the person who is ill through no fault of there own gets well soon..

paul

Unfortunately, for many, the days of being able to afford 'a correct diet' are gone. 4 Goodfellas pizzas for £4 or fresh chicken/salmon, fresh veg for 4, how much do you think that would cost in the supermarket?