Sky contact centre jobs Megathread

i'm only asking cos they used to have a work for sky website which i cannot find

In't Google grand? :D

If you can't work that out you can't have a job with sky :hihi:

Rich

Re: Sky contact centre in Sheffield - What are the available hours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rewass

i'm only asking cos they used to have a work for sky website which i cannot find

In't Google grand?

cheers for the sarky responses :-/ anyway i found the sky website and i scored...26 on the quiz! so maybe i can have a job at sky :-)

and then this message came up:

We’re currently not recruiting for advisors in Sheffield. Please revisit this page from time to time where we will keep you updated on any vacancies that become available.

never mind...will have to keep checking

But it's taken you two weeks.

But it's taken you two weeks.

no lol it took me 10 mins

Hi, I have applied for a job at Sky for a Sales Advisor (Events) I have done my telephone interview and my online assessment and I have been called in for an interview. Has anyone been through one of these interviews before? I know I will have a role play exercise and a face to face interview and a numerical test, just wondered if anyone has any tips or information Thank You!

Are Sky advertising more positions at the moment? I checked my email after a while and saw one from mysheffieldjobs but it said the vacancies were no longer required?

I work at sky in sales via door to door..

At my interview it was just give an example of a time youve beaten your target ,a time youve been asked to do something that you knew wasnt complient etc just like when doin your driving test do whats needed to get through ..Let us know how you get on and good luck..

hi i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on working for sky

how much is the hpourly rate? are they a good company to work for? good n bad points thanks

A friend of mine used to work for the Sheffield call centre when it first opened. He told me that he used to get free Sky inc broadband, but had to pay line rental for the phone (seen as Sky has to pay the BT Wholesale line rental rate back to BT) His calls were through Sky though.

Unsure about the hours, think it's variable from 7am to 11pm ish (similar to Virgin Media) but you'd have to check. The other benefit of working there is the location, very central call centre (right between the bus station and the railway station) but probably wouldn't be quite so convenient if you're a driver.

Can't tell you anything about the hourly rates or anything else though I think they're target orientated, which is pretty similar to most call centres.

Sky are due to put their prices up for all customers from September, and are currently sending letters out to that effect. The letter states that the August bill is going up as Sky TV package charges are charged up-front. This will invariably lead to an increase in complaining call volumes, just so you're warned.