Sky contact centre jobs Megathread

I had a call on monday to say i was through to next stage i have my assesment day next wednesday!! would appreciate any hints and tips on role play etc. ta.

Hi,

Hints and tips - ignore the bitter and twisted comments on here! Clearly people who didn't get through! Everyone that I've met has been LOVELY. The salary and benefits are much better than discussed on here too so don't be put off!

For the 1st stage they do a presentation - they give you quite a bit of information about Sky and you watch a couple of DVDs. You do a maths test - its not that difficult but you don't get very long. You also do a technical test but they tell you not to worry about it as its not a pass or fail for the customer service advisor role

For the role play, I think there is a post on this thread which gives some really good stuff. They give you quite a bit of information but they do talk you through it. You get 25 minutes to prepare. You basically have to answer 3 customer calls. The calls are all from different customers with different issues. The assessor I had was great. I was so nervous but she really put me at ease. They don't want you to know everything, they just want to see how you talk to customers over the phone. Best advice I can give which they gave me is to usethe call structure they give you. You get to use all the information during the calls.

Hope that helps, good luck and hopefully you'll be joining the rest of us soon!!

Hi,

Hints and tips - ignore the bitter and twisted comments on here! Clearly people who didn't get through! Everyone that I've met has been LOVELY. The salary and benefits are much better than discussed on here too so don't be put off!

For the 1st stage they do a presentation - they give you quite a bit of information about Sky and you watch a couple of DVDs. You do a maths test - its not that difficult but you don't get very long. You also do a technical test but they tell you not to worry about it as its not a pass or fail for the customer service advisor role

For the role play, I think there is a post on this thread which gives some really good stuff. They give you quite a bit of information but they do talk you through it. You get 25 minutes to prepare. You basically have to answer 3 customer calls. The calls are all from different customers with different issues. The assessor I had was great. I was so nervous but she really put me at ease. They don't want you to know everything, they just want to see how you talk to customers over the phone. Best advice I can give which they gave me is to usethe call structure they give you. You get to use all the information during the calls.

Hope that helps, good luck and hopefully you'll be joining the rest of us soon!!

Also thankyou for this, I have my interview on tuesday 12th so thanks for the tips and info. I know what to expect a little more now x

Iv got my final Interview on Friday, can anyone give me some tips please :D

thanx essjay really appreciate the hints and tips, hopefully will see you soon.:)

Good luck to everyone having interviews :)

I went to the welcome evening last night and it was good fun. I met some lovely people.

I just feedback on my rejection and it turns out that sky cannot judge character at all. Or at least they comprehensively miss-read me!!

Apparently I'm TOO sales focussed and now focussed on service, which is a contradiction to my skill, experience, background and answers in the interview. And they weren't happy that I showed independence of thought in a question I asked.

Maybe I could have articulated myself better but I think they need to learn how to judge people if they came to those conclusions about me!!!

If want monkeys, hire monkeys. If you want people who think for themselves be prepared to take risks but I'd rather work with people.

You sound like a bad fit for a customer service job to be honest.

They don't want people that can think for themselves and take risks, its antithesis of any corporate call centre environment and a threat to 97.8% availability rates.

Varying pay rates. Unconfirmed Shifts. Suspect recruitment process. Keeping candidates in the dark. Unclear policies. Is this how Sky recruited for their Leeds contact centre? Give Sheffeild candidates some respect Sky...

Beware anyone that's applied. If it's run by Murdoch they may be tapping your phone... or even your ema ............................................

Good luck to everyone having interviews :)

I went to the welcome evening last night and it was good fun. I met some lovely people.

I enjoyed the welcome evening I went to. Has been a really good couple of weeks. I think some people on here are just trying to stir.

I do feel bad for the people that have been turned down but some others just need to get a grip and stop spouting crap :)

I'm in too, can't believe it lol :D, Any one got their contract though email yet ?

Those who have roles, what shift patterns have you been offered?

Edited by nickyboyzuk

Those who have roles, what shift patterns have you been offered? Fixed shifts of lates and weekends is a real nightmare for family life.

In which case either don't apply for a role in a call centre that is open lates and weekends, enquire about the flexibility of shifts or you just don't go for it and look for something will more suitable hours for your circumstances. Everyone would love a job that they could do as and when suits them but in this day in age its rare so people just have to make the best of it. Plus I'm a bit fed up of people that think that not having kids means you should have to do the crap hours.

Edited by jolsh