Sky contact centre jobs Megathread

Mrscarter - yep going to the welcome evening. Sounds like fun!

P.s. That salary info that someone quoted definitely not right!!

Cool Essjay :D I'll see you there :D

Babidi - You definitely need to get your facts right!!

jolsh - I'm looking forward to it :)

I'm just waiting for my contract to come via my email. I was told it could take a short while though due to the high volume!

Dont get you knickers in a twist jolsh - this info is right the starting is 14k upto 18k depending on your skill base, I wish everyone good luck at Sky but im entilited to my apoion, and i have worked at sky but left....So i understamnd fully

Dont get you knickers in a twist jolsh - this info is right the starting is 14k upto 18k depending on your skill base, I wish everyone good luck at Sky but im entilited to my apoion, and i have worked at sky but left....So i understamnd fully

Or you might have the relevant skill base (in the words of the woman who interviewed me in the competency interview) and experience but still get rejected. :huh:

That last post isn't meant to sound bitter but I am very bemused at the rejection.

I have emailed them (twice) for feedback and I would be interested to know the reasons.

I'm not bitter about it. I have a decent job now with more soicialable hours than I would have had at Sky.

Does anyone know if these guys will be using agencies? I just need some temp work for the summer, unless they do temp contacts themselves?

I applied back in April, got an email for my online assessment, filled that in and have been waiting since.. I have phoned the HR dep't up a couple of times and they have said that they had a problem with the online assessment system not generating reports for completed forms and that they are working through the backlog now, this has affected some 3000 applicants..

I know people who have applied AFTER me, and have been through the process, both interviews and have heared wether they have got the job or not (so far it's even for the number of people who have and haven't got the job)

I called them one day last week, and they said the same, that they are still working through the backlog and that I would hear as soon as they got there, and that anyone else who is still waiting to hear should just stick it out :(

this doesn't really help though when like I said, I know people who have applied after me and have already been accepted and got a job...

What a farce Ghozer.

Take a leaf from my comments, If your face fits they want you for get about skills bases they just dont care, I've been collecting comments and feedback from loads of people and all i have heard so far is bad news. People have been waiting for months for feedback people have been waiting for calls and still no answer. Its run by a bunch of trained monkeys who could sort through a paper bag. Dnt waste your time. Sky is a a company that has shot up in the last 5yrs the business is so out dated and they have just started muliti skilling. SOOOOOOO OLD SCHOOL HSBC did that 10yrs ago. its all fun and games at sky with poor results and YOUR OUT before your bum hits the seat. i bet you have all watch the video they play to welcome you all...My dog could have done better :)

I just feedback on my rejection and it turns out that sky cannot judge character at all. Or at least they comprehensively miss-read me!!

Apparently I'm TOO sales focussed and now focussed on service, which is a contradiction to my skill, experience, background and answers in the interview. And they weren't happy that I showed independence of thought in a question I asked.

Maybe I could have articulated myself better but I think they need to learn how to judge people if they came to those conclusions about me!!!

If want monkeys, hire monkeys. If you want people who think for themselves be prepared to take risks but I'd rather work with people.

Well said JPOWLS I have been told stories about sky interview process that would curl your toes, I feel sorry for Sky as they have a very big hill to climb. Good look JP on find another job

I just received an e-mail telling me that I am through and will get a call when the business verifies its next starting dates, any idea how long that will be?