Car Cig lighter Plug in Kettle/ HELP

Need one quick, but the driver of the car reckons they kill the battery. Surely not in this day and age of tehnology ! Anyone have/used one ?

Opinions please.

Well taking into consideration a kettle will most likely pull a few thousand kilowatts, the driver might be right.

Need one quick, but the driver of the car reckons they kill the battery. Surely not in this day and age of tehnology ! Anyone have/used one ?

Opinions please.

I'm sure a kettle running off your car battery would knock seven bells out of it, my advice would be to leave the engine running whilst boiling your water.

If it was my car I'd tell you to get knotted too, I don't know your situation but would a camping stove be more practical.

I'm pretty sure Towsure and Go Outdoors (old CCC) will sell them.

You cannot expect to do much from just a battery. As said above, you would need to be running your engine - actually driving the car, but must be certain that the kettle is safe / will not tip hot water everywhere.

Edit. But personally, I'd go for the flask option.

Edited by Eater Sundae
Added a bit.