New M&S on Ecclesall Road

i know they have a cafe but i'm afraid i don't know their opening time. I'm assuming you need it for this morning, otherwise you'd ring them.

0114 2669202

Hi folks,

I am now a happy lady:love: re Marks and Sparks on Ecclessal road. Thanks Royalscam and DUFFEMS;) Murder being a native in South Yorks - I'll get there!:hihi:

I looked at the planning app for this a year r so ago and it looked very nice. Far better than than waitrose down the road! ;)

The 'live' wall looks fantastic on the side of it! Congratulations M&S!

I looked at the planning app for this a year r so ago and it looked very nice. Far better than than waitrose down the road! ;)

Well the Waitrose building was built as a Safeway, so you can't blame Waitrose for the design. Before that the site was the huge Art Deco S&E Cooperative. Shame it was demolished as it was a great building.

I work for the company that built the M&S on Eccy Road and whilst not on that project I am from the city and let me tell you that the thought process, design and relentless desire from M&S to create their first "Green" store in the UK was terrific.

It made for a difficult build but the personally I think it looks great!

I work for the company that built the M&S on Eccy Road and whilst not on that project I am from the city and let me tell you that the thought process, design and relentless desire from M&S to create their first "Green" store in the UK was terrific.

It made for a difficult build but the personally I think it looks great!

Went to M&S on Ecclesall Road last weekend for the first time, it's always looked too busy before. It certainly gets my vote as a building, parking is fine too so a great thumbs up.

The only little gripe I have is the open pipework/cables in the roof, I know it's probably saved money by not installing a ceiling but, it must be more hygenic to have protection from muck collecting above a food hall.

"I work for the company that built the M&S on Eccy Road and whilst not on that project I am from the city and let me tell you that the thought process, design and relentless desire from M&S to create their first "Green" store in the UK was terrific.

It made for a difficult build but the personally I think it looks great! "

Perhaps you could say what the crack in the floor is caused by, shows signs of being rather amateurishly filled

Perhaps you could say what the crack in the floor is caused by, shows signs of being rather amateurishly filled

Oooh! ... shock, horror!

Have you noticed the subsidence at Chatsworth? :huh:

Pull it all down I say!

(mind you, I couldn't help but notice that there was a jar of Pesto sauce displayed with the label not pointing forward ... that's just shoddy!) :P

Oooh! ... shock, horror!

Have you noticed the subsidence at Chatsworth? :huh:

Pull it all down I say!

(mind you, I couldn't help but notice that there was a jar of Pesto sauce displayed with the label not pointing forward ... that's just shoddy!) :P

The point being that M+S has been opened less than 12 weeks, and for a much trumpeted building is already showing signs of not being constructed correctly.Correct me if I am wrong but is Chatsworth house not considerably older than 12 weeks ?

Did anyone else hear that M&S on Ecclesall Road is "under review" - failure to meet sales targets cannot justify the floor-space in a prime location ?

I see that they have had to abandon the Simply Food concept and the space is being filled with more and more tat, clothes etc. The range of ingredients for making your own food has been greatly reduced