How much did your first house cost

Still don't understand the prices in the U.K the price for lumber being the same the world over,Vancover apart where its a land problem for the rest can still have a new 4bed built in a quality spot for less than150,00 pounds two yrs ago now i bought a nice ranch to retire in ,by the lake two bath 4 bed for 70,00 was the best move I ever made

And now that you've moved in as Canadian Boob Ogling Champion you can probably pick one up for half the price. :rolleyes:

$38,900 in 1965. 4 beds and 2.5 baths with 1 acre of woods inhabited by turkeys, hawks, deer, and an occasional coyote. Walk to both work and local Tennis and Swim Club. Lived there for 46 years and still enjoying it.

£14,500 in 1978. Paid £1,400 deposit. Next door sold for £225,000 in February. I moved out in 1987, ex other half still lives there, a nice return for the offspring when the ex drops off the perch. lol.

3 bed semi in North Anston. £3250 in 1971.

We bought our first house in 2000 for £37,000 just before the property market boomed. It was a two bed mid terrace at Woodseats.

We sold it in 2003 for £80,000!

OMG, nice.......:)

We bought our first house in 2000 for £37,000 just before the property market boomed. It was a two bed mid terrace at Woodseats.

We sold it in 2003 for £80,000!

fabulous :)

11,995 2 bed terrace in 1981

sold for 17,000 in 1985

looks like I am the only person to make a loss

Bought a 3 bed room semi on Studfield Hill, Loxley in 1971 for £3,800

when my parents bought their first house in 1971 (had lived in council till then)

I was 10 at the time

was £4,000 a 3 bed semi in Chapeltown

when me and my wife got married in 1975 first house we bought was a old terraced house on darnall terminus it cost us 750 pounds.

I think my mother paid 20 grand for our famly house in Ecclesall about 60 odd years ago. Last time we had it valued it was about 400 grand. If only we had known :-)