Houses in a state of disrepair

hi all have any of you had any experience with sheffield homes Houses in a state of disrepair and can give some advice ?

we moved in to the house 3 years ago the house wos a tip we spent a lot on sorting a lot of it out but the back door as got a big gap in it the windows are leaking and mouldy one bedroom roof as a hole in it the plug sockets are dangerous and the list go,s on

we did phone sheffield homes and have been told there out of cash and there not going to fix all the problems

im thinking of phoning a solicitor is this the Wright thing to do

if any of you have had this in the past any advice you can give me is most welcome thanks a lot

Contact the Environmental Health service. They helped us when our landlord refused to complete basic repairs.

Stopping rent is the oldest method in getting a landlord to listen to you...

Why did you move into a house that sounds as though it was already falling apart when you took the keys? Sounds as though you may fare better in the private sector... Start looking for a house move, and cease rent payments...

Contact the Environmental Health service. They helped us when our landlord refused to complete basic repairs.

phoned solicitor going to see them on Wednesday and also try this thanks for the info

Why did you move into a house that sounds as though it was already falling apart when you took the keys? Sounds as though you may fare better in the private sector... Start looking for a house move, and cease rent payments...

my old house got pulled down and we took this house for the area as its very nice but we also thinking that sheffield homes ed get the work done after we moved in but how wrong can i be lol

Not paying rent may have worked years ago with private landlords, But not now. If this person refuses to pay rent on these grounds she can and will be evicted. But over the time Sheffield Homes has existed I have found them to be over zealous with certain repair jobs especially electrics. I have seen it where they will spend thousands of pounds just to repair a few roof slates. Repairs are not a " Down to money Issue ". This may be the case when asking for certain alterations. Repairs are a different budget and a tenant will never be told an essential repair cannot be done because of lack of money. If you think they are being unfair your Councillor is just a phone call away. I bet they will deal with this urgently now we are so close to the elections

Not paying rent may have worked years ago with private landlords, But not now. If this person refuses to pay rent on these grounds she can and will be evicted. But over the time Sheffield Homes has existed I have found them to be over zealous with certain repair jobs especially electrics. I have seen it where they will spend thousands of pounds just to repair a few roof slates. Repairs are not a " Down to money Issue ". This may be the case when asking for certain alterations. Repairs are a different budget and a tenant will never be told an essential repair cannot be done because of lack of money. If you think they are being unfair your Councillor is just a phone call away. I bet they will deal with this urgently now we are so close to the elections

thanks for this my Councillor may be a very good idea i will go see my solicitor on Wednesday see what they say then if that's no help i will be on the phone to my Councillor thank you very much for your input

hi all have any of you had any experience with sheffield homes Houses in a state of disrepair and can give some advice ?

we moved in to the house 3 years ago the house wos a tip we spent a lot on sorting a lot of it out but the back door as got a big gap in it the windows are leaking and mouldy one bedroom roof as a hole in it the plug sockets are dangerous and the list go,s on

we did phone sheffield homes and have been told there out of cash and there not going to fix all the problems

im thinking of phoning a solicitor is this the Wright thing to do

if any of you have had this in the past any advice you can give me is most welcome thanks a lot

Try pressuring them via The Housing Corporation.

Also compile a complaint and copy your local MPs in. Failing that, bring a direct complaint via the 'write to them' website.

Negative PR always has the desired effect, you just need to persevere with it.

the housing corporation no longer exist, its the homes and communities agency now. you could try Sheffield council - their decent homes housing team should be able to help if the house is 'indecent'

Try pressuring them via The Housing Corporation.

Also compile a complaint and copy your local MPs in. Failing that, bring a direct complaint via the 'write to them' website.

Negative PR always has the desired effect, you just need to persevere with it.

Apologies. Outdated information. Please see addendum below.

The Tenant Services Authority is the operating name of the Office for Tenants and Social Landlords - the current regulatory agency of registered providers of social housing in England.

The Tenant Services Authority took over the regulatory work of the Housing Corporation, inspecting housing associations and responding to concerns.

Its remit was then expanded to regulate local authority housing, ALMOs and housing cooperatives from April 2010.

stop payin ur rent

and it's the quickest way to get a court to side with a (however bad) landlord, and get yourself an eviction order!

the housing corporation no longer exist, its the homes and communities agency now. you could try Sheffield council - their decent homes housing team should be able to help if the house is 'indecent'

The Decent Homes 'Team' do not get involved in individual cases unless the issues involved relate directly to a property inclusive in their ongoing refurbishment phases.

The term 'Decent Homes' actually refers to the legislation that required improvements to be made to social housing stock to ensure that they met 'decent living' standards.

http://www.decenthomesstandard.co.uk/about/standard