Distraction burglaries chapeltown

Please be aware that 2 distraction burglaries have occured within the past few days in chapeltown, the men who pretend to be from the water board distract the owner and one of them enters the house and steals items whilst the other keeps the occupant busy, i've also been told that this happened in high green last week but have no further details.

Please be on your guard and DO NOT let anyone enter your home, if you leave the house even momentarily, please lock the door.

It appears that elderly and vunerable people are being targeted, someone is obviously watching the houses to know who is an easy target or home alone.

Please be aware that 2 distraction burglaries have occured within the past few days in chapeltown, the men who pretend to be from the water board distract the owner and one of them enters the house and steals items whilst the other keeps the occupant busy, i've also been told that this happened in high green last week but have no further details.

Please be on your guard and DO NOT let anyone enter your home, if you leave the house even momentarily, please lock the door.

It appears that elderly and vunerable people are being targeted, someone is obviously watching the houses to know who is an easy target or home alone.

Same MO as what happened in Barnsley in early March. My other half's nan was targeted but she had the sense not to let them in. The person that knocks on the door states that he's from the water board and that they're shutting off the water for emergency repairs and will help the occupier fill some pans etc.

I heard this yesterday.

Seems to be a gang of Burncross lads aged late teens/ early twenties who are doing distraction burglaries. They have been targeting Blackburn Drive and around Bevan way estate.... as far as I am aware. (basically old people) All I can say is to treat every knock on the door suspicious as you would with cold callers. Do not answer door and always keep rear windows/ doors locked at all times.

It would be very ueful if you have a suspicious knock on the door to call 101 or 999 asap so a police officer can be in the area and keep and eye out. Also, if you can get a description of the people so police can go off something to help catch these theives. Please don't be put off by calling police- every bit of evidence/ descriptions can help someone else from being burgled.

If we all stick togther hopefully they will either be arrested or stop doing this!

Same MO as what happened in Barnsley in early March. My other half's nan was targeted but she had the sense not to let them in. The person that knocks on the door states that he's from the water board and that they're shutting off the water for emergency repairs and will help the occupier fill some pans etc.

They can come and fill their pans up all they like but once they're in my house, they ain't coming back out alive.

They can come and fill their pans up all they like but once they're in my house, they ain't coming back out alive.

Why would you kill them?

I heard this yesterday.

Seems to be a gang of Burncross lads aged late teens/ early twenties who are doing distraction burglaries. They have been targeting Blackburn Drive and around Bevan way estate.... as far as I am aware. (basically old people) All I can say is to treat every knock on the door suspicious as you would with cold callers. Do not answer door and always keep rear windows/ doors locked at all times.

It would be very ueful if you have a suspicious knock on the door to call 101 or 999 asap so a police officer can be in the area and keep and eye out. Also, if you can get a description of the people so police can go off something to help catch these theives. Please don't be put off by calling police- every bit of evidence/ descriptions can help someone else from being burgled.

If we all stick togther hopefully they will either be arrested or stop doing this!

I agree 100%, we do need to stick together and not have the 'i'm not bothered as long as they don't come here' attitude that some people i've come across have, this is our area where our friends and loved ones live

and if we don't look after our own then nobody else will.

I know of 2 houses on my road that were targeted on friday and yesterday and have been told of others in the vicinity and a bit further afield.

Every bit of information does count, you might not think it relevant but every detail counts.

Why would you kill them?

I'm afraid that you have misunderstood the post. I have a big, angry dog that takes great offence to strangers.

two blokes went to my mothers in shiregreen today saying they where from bt, they wanted to come in and check the phone lines. thank god she didn't let them in.

just saw this thread and im a bit scared cus i had a visit from mpower it was a man and young women he was doing all the talking got me that mixed up that ive let them in he wanted me to go and find my last bill but i didnt and he asked again and again so just told them im not swoppin nothing and they went.Thinking about it now they was looking round a bit.dont think ill sleep tonite.

I have a large dog, soft as a brush but has a loud deep bark. No probs so far.

I'm afraid that you have misunderstood the post. I have a big, angry dog that takes great offence to strangers.

Awwww, A SF murderer would make a nice change :P.

Proper sickos!

My fellas auntie has been targeted its getting sorted though!!