Which is best iphone 4 or htc desire hd

The HTC Desire S is the new version of the Desire & looks like the best one so far. The Desire HD is just big, fine if you like looking like you're on Trigger Happy TV, otherwise get an old Desire, or the newer Desire S.

I found a detailed review of the Desire HD on YouTube -

Edited by anywebsite

You really think there's that much difference?

Desire HD = 6.8cm x 12.3cm x 1.18cm

Desire S = 6cm x 11.5cm x 1.16cm

Not the "trigger happy TV" exaggeration I feel.

With the 'S' you lose out on 1.5cm of screen. Doesn't sound like much but I'd rather have it than not have it.

You really think there's that much difference?

Desire HD = 6.8cm x 12.3cm x 1.18cm

Desire S = 6cm x 11.5cm x 1.16cm

Not the "trigger happy TV" exaggeration I feel.

With the 'S' you lose out on 1.5cm of screen. Doesn't sound like much but I'd rather have it than not have it.

I have the desire HD and I find that little bit of extra width means I cant quite get my hand all the way around the handset and operate it with my thumb. My daughters desire feels so much narrower, but I've no 'desire' (sorry) to swap with her, even though she won't stop nagging me. Turning the phone in 'landscape' and using both thumbs is so easy as the keys are so much larger. All in all another desire HD :thumbsup:

Just trying the GO launcher instead of htc sense, that works well too.

I can't compare due to not knowing the HD desire. I can however say that I've had an iPhone 4 since a week or so after they came out, and also knowing at least 30 people with them. I've not heard a single complaint, and I love mine.

As for SLH73, would you trust a man with a ring thro his nose (just realised who you are matey).

And I think I've just sussed your identity as well. Haven't you got a train to catch or summat?:D

I can't compare due to not knowing the HD desire. I can however say that I've had an iPhone 4 since a week or so after they came out, and also knowing at least 30 people with them. I've not heard a single complaint, and I love mine.

I agree, the iphone is far better built and much slicker and easier to use. I have had a couple of android phones and currently have a galaxy s and it is a very nice phone but everyone I know who has an android phone has had to fiddle with them on a regular basis to get the best out of them.

You shouldn't really have to buy a phone and upgrade the rom and firmware and start messing with rooting and stuff to get the best out of it, in fact most of the people I know who do fiddle with roms and stuff are the very same people who fiddle with computers all the time and that is the reason many of them dont want an iphone.

I have been sat at tables with a dozen other blokes and all of us are on the phones browsing and using facebook and stuff and you always hear the android users tutting and swearing because their phones are lagging, in fact I have lost count of the amount of times I have heard android users say they wished they had bought an iphone.

nothing wrong with three- putting them down because your too lazy to properly cancel the deal is not really fair. They are the best to me up to now. Not had a single problem. And i agree with aj, on top of the fact that i know htcs have appalling battery life. Iphones are easier to use, and do 'just work', whereas android are laggy, sometimes unresponsive, but theres more free stuff on the android store. if i get a touchscreen, i would want the iphones useability, but androids flexibility, cos i cant use android screens, too unreliable for a seasoned ipod touch user. I wanna say screw both of them and get a nokia e series upgrage, im on the e71 and its brilliant, but i cant find a decent deal anymore cos 3 stopped selling them.

I don't know what all this 'lag' is about. I've had my HD a while now, not noticed a bit of lag. When I got it I set it up perfectly for my needs and I think that's the key, with IPhones you have to bend your requirements to the Apple ideal but with android you can have it as you like it.

AJ - I dont know a single person who has an Android and wishes they got an Iphone. Perhaps they're just just being nice to you and dont want to rub in your poor choice of phone :hihi:

nothing wrong with three- putting them down because your too lazy to properly cancel the deal is not really fair.

Normally I just tell them over the phone.

With 3 I told them over the phone that I didn't want my contract to continue once it had expired, told them over the phone again, sent them a letter, and told them over the phone again. Then I told them over the phone again. Then I cancelled the direct debit myself as they were still taking the money for a phone that hadn't been turned on for months because the reception was terrible. Then they sent me threatening letters.

Obviously though you are aware of the steps I took as you feel you are in a position to comment upon it.

Perhaps you could tell me how to cancel a contract which has expired anyway "properly"?

I don't know what all this 'lag' is about. I've had my HD a while now, not noticed a bit of lag. When I got it I set it up perfectly for my needs and I think that's the key, with IPhones you have to bend your requirements to the Apple ideal but with android you can have it as you like it.

AJ - I dont know a single person who has an Android and wishes they got an Iphone. Perhaps they're just just being nice to you and dont want to rub in your poor choice of phone :hihi:

I have had my desire HD for about three months and I haven't experienced any lag. I think anyone who is suffering lag have probably crammed their phone with crappy apps or have got too much running at once. I use an app killer to stop what I don't want running all the time. It keeps my phone fast and responsive. Both phones are only as good as the apps you choose to put on them.

you stated the contract had ended, and that you just stopped paying. Assuming the contract had actually ended, all contracts continue to run on a monthly basis. I think yours was an isolated case, as i had no end of problems with t-mobile, vodaphone, but have had none with three, except that they didnt update an application on my phone straight away after re designing their site. But anyway, regardless, i thought this was about choosing between iphone 4 and the desire hd.

And my mum, dad, girlfriend, guitarist, and more friends all have android, two of which are htcs, two the samsungs, and all use app killer, and dont have many apps. All the phones are problematic, laggy etc, but to be honest, its atleast a slight problem ive noticed with all touchscreen phones bar the iphone and the constantly maintained in shop demos.

But anyway, regardless, i thought this was about choosing between iphone 4 and the desire hd.

But you still felt able to describe me as lazy over a situation you knew nothing about ...

And my mum, dad, girlfriend, guitarist, and more friends all have android, two of which are htcs, two the samsungs, and all use app killer, and dont have many apps.

I thought we were talking about the Desire HD or Iphone.

Is this supposed lag another piece of your assumed knowledge or are these people flaunting convention and operating their phones with their fists?