Attempted abduction. ?

Was this man driving? If so do you have a description of the vehicle?

That's something I also wanted to ask, Co-co.

That's something I also wanted to ask, Co-co.

He couldn't possibly have been driving, that would give him access to non estate areas, areas this never happens, SHOCK HORROR. :suspect:

He couldn't possibly have been driving, that would give him access to non estate areas, areas this never happens, SHOCK HORROR. :suspect:

Sorry, but I don't get what you're saying.

Sorry, but I don't get what you're saying.

Not sure if the posts are still there, but there was a suggestion this only happens on council estates.

Not sure if the posts are still there, but there was a suggestion this only happens on council estates.

Ok, thanks. I've seen suggestions that the family should move, which is ludicrous BUT, as I attempted to get across in my post, IF there is a perception amongst certain individuals that housing estates (council or otherwise) have a higher proportion of children playing in the streets, and therefore they are being targeted more often than other areas, than that is an issue that needs to be addressed by the police, with the help of residents. IF (and only the police would know) there are increased incidents on housing estates, then, it's something residents need to be aware of. It's nothing to do with (from my perspective) snobbery, it's about protecting children. Only a total dimwit would use an attempted abduction as an excuse to have a snipe at 'council estates'. As we all know, abductions can happen anywhere, and in all social ranks, but I think it's important to get all the information we can, to help safeguard children. My comment came from reading about the Blackpool child sexual exploitations on a thread that I think has been removed now, but it was suggested on there that the social backgrounds of the victims played a factor in that particular case, albeit not a very good comparison.

Edited by Darth Vader

Im really pleased your daughter managed to get away from the scum bag, and im chuffed to bits SYP are being honest about what has happened, as so many times in the past they have claimed things arnt happening when they are, look at that rape on the dale s8, it only got mentioned tuther week, the locals were kicking right off in discust at the police (via facebook) the trust was just about gone, and the hurt their claims can cause is unbearable at the time, especially when it involves a child or children. They have done the right thing, they must have a new sarge:|

I hope your daughter recovers from her ordeal and the man is arrested.

i know because im the childs AUNT,,,,and it happened outside the childs house,,,and also in the hands of the police so cant comment any further,,

Are Elizabeth and Michelle the same person? :huh:

They clearly are going on how they've typed their posts.

And then there's this

Well said sis !!!

Clearly the person forgot to log out out of the Michele account and back into the Elizabeth.

Which tends to make me question if the poster is genuine.

What I don't understand from this is how people are reacting simply because a man spoke to this girl.

Had he have grabbed her I could understand the panic but from what has been said he didn't.

I can guarantee now for the next few weeks there will be more of these threads with people posting the same story but in a different locale.

It happened at roughly the same time last year.

hello, i am the mother off the 9 yr old little girl what is in this topic, YES it is true, and she so traumitised from it all, spec because it was her birthday yesterday too, to let me put people straight, it happened outside my home addres at 2pm in the afternoon, yes he was packistani with gloves and a black scarf around his face, but my daughetr gave good description off the rest of the dirty so n so what did this to her, luckily she got away,,, but will the next child be so lucky,,,????? so it DID NOT happen on the pond,,, or why should i move, any area is a bad area to live in , in this country,,, there is no guidelines no more,,, abductions, muders etc etc,,, need i go on,,,at leasst my daughter was lucky , but most off all, wasnt gullible to go with him and ran as fast as she could, which was only a few feet back into my home, i hope this answers all ya questions,,,

i am a little confused, you say that this occurred at 2pm, but in the Star paper it says 3pm, was she outside your home IE only a couple of feet away, or just around the corner on East Bank Road, as it says in the paper, do not get me wrong i am not trying to have a go or pry, but i have phoned the police with reference to this incident as we may have seen the guy further up the road nearer to Northern Ave, and we noted that he was acting and dressed strangely, hopefully the info we have given to the police will be of some assistance, we are also glad that your daughter is ok, and that hopefully she does not let the incident traumatise her too badly.

I'm sure Elizabeth's post said 4pm, until the police posted that it was reported at 2.30pm... I may be wrong, as per.

i am a little confused, you say that this occurred at 2pm, but in the Star paper it says 3pm, was she outside your home IE only a couple of feet away, or just around the corner on East Bank Road, as it says in the paper, do not get me wrong i am not trying to have a go or pry, but i have phoned the police with reference to this incident as we may have seen the guy further up the road nearer to Northern Ave, and we noted that he was acting and dressed strangely, hopefully the info we have given to the police will be of some assistance, we are also glad that your daughter is ok, and that hopefully she does not let the incident traumatise her too badly.

Dont read The Star!! just go back and re-read the whole thread the correct information is here, as South Yorks Police have replied and so has the girls mother.

Has anyone got a link to the star report btw, I cant seem to find it, or is it not online yet? x

Ok, thanks. I've seen suggestions that the family should move, which is ludicrous BUT, as I attempted to get across in my post, IF there is a perception amongst certain individuals that housing estates (council or otherwise) have a higher proportion of children playing in the streets, and therefore they are being targeted more often than other areas, than that is an issue that needs to be addressed by the police, with the help of residents. IF (and only the police would know) there are increased incidents on housing estates, then, it's something residents need to be aware of. It's nothing to do with (from my perspective) snobbery, it's about protecting children. Only a total dimwit would use an attempted abduction as an excuse to have a snipe at 'council estates'. As we all know, abductions can happen anywhere, and in all social ranks, but I think it's important to get all the information we can, to help safeguard children. My comment came from reading about the Blackpool child sexual exploitations on a thread that I think has been removed now, but it was suggested on there that the social backgrounds of the victims played a factor in that particular case, albeit not a very good comparison.

well said darth