Recent cash machine fraud

My card got stuck in the machine at Britannia BS in Pinstone St today. Bank have advised over £1,000 used before I cancelled it. Please be aware, the slot did seem a bit stiff but did not look out of the norm.

If your card does get stuck report it as soon as you can. In hindsight I should have stayed at the machine & tried to ring the bank from there.

How awful. You must be devastated. How can folk just think they can help themselves? Whoever did this your mum and dad most probably WORKED for a living rather than THIEVE for it.:rant:

This has happened to me this evening. My card didn't come out of the machine, money stayed in it and then a warning to suggest contacting the the bank. I've since spoken to my bank - whoever got my card managed to withdraw £300 from a Santander branch on Fargate and then went on to spend/get cashback in Asda (branch yet to be confirmed). Nice eh.

I'd suggest getting in touch with the bank ASAP when it happens - they might stand a fighting chance of catching the culprits at it. I'm hoping reversing the money back to me is as straightforward as Santander have said it should be.