Sheffield NHS Doctors Waiting Time..

I was wondering what amount of time people around Sheffield are having to wait to see a GP.

I rang up today and was told next Tuesday is the earliest appointment. I personally think that's appalling and although I'm lucky enough not to be a regular at the doctors, when I last rang maybe a year ago I was seen much quicker. So I now have to suffer for a full week before I can even start a course of medication.

And to round it off, I needed a letter signing for a un-related matter and was asked if I paid for prescription. When I told her I did, she said there would be a £15 charge. When I asked what prescriptions had to do with it she said, if you got free ones then the signature would be free too.

The motto 'pay no contributions to the NHS and get everything for free, or pay your hard earned wages into the NHS and be made to pay extra'

Love this country sometimes :suspect:

I can book advance up to 48 hours other than that I have to try every morning at 8.30.

I would like to see a doctor, but it isn't an urgent matter, something I need to speak to them about but can't get in unless I ring like I have swine flu!!!

I go to the walk in centre in town, last time appointments were a month in advance :o Can't complain, because you can walk in anytime and it takes about an hour to be seen.

You can ask for a sit and wait at your docs, just say your ill and need to be seen. Its just more tricky with non-illness problems

I go to the walk in centre in town, last time appointments were a month in advance :o Can't complain, because you can walk in anytime and it takes about an hour to be seen.

What time and days do they open? don't mean to be cynical but I bet it's 9-5 Monday to Friday? When people are typically at work

What time and days do they open? don't mean to be cynical but I bet it's 9-5 Monday to Friday? When people are typically at work

The one on Broad lane is open 8am - 10pm every day http://www.sheffield.nhs.uk/walk-in/wic.php

I can get an appointment the same day if i ring before 10am and we can book online from 6pm the night before for an appointment the next day and ours opens until 8pm on certain nights and saturday morning which is good

I can get an appointment the same day if i ring before 10am and we can book online from 6pm the night before for an appointment the next day and ours opens until 8pm on certain nights and saturday morning which is good

Where is that? Very good service.

Where is that? Very good service.

Sounds like Woodhouse medical centre - Don't bother!!

*8:13am*

"You are through to Woodhouse medical centre. Your current position in the queue is 65"

*9:55am*

"Your current position in the queue is 12"

*10:06am*

"Hello, sorry we have no appointments left for today, if you ring before 10am tomorrow we can get you in. You can come after 5pm for a sit and wait appointment if you like?" - Sit and wait for 90 mins, no thanks!

oddly enough GP surgeries and the Walk -in centre are obliged to offer extended day opening ...

perhaps if a few people did their research rather than relying on hearsay and quite frankly lies about the NHS life would be so much more straight forward.

My doctors say's you can book upto 12 weeks in advance ( if you have an ongoing problem ), but ask and they say no you can't.

So you are told to phone at 8:15am, they take your name and a doctor calls you back to determine if they need to see you, sorry I do not like this.Why can't it be pre EU rules.

You phone up and they may have an appointment that day, or the next or even 2 days down the line, that I don't mind.

I can only see it getting worse, much worse, so fill in your GP patient surveys and then at least they will know you are unhappy with the system.