Best film of all time?

Dune, the David Lynch version. Though I doubt anyone would agree.

My top 10 of films has about a hundred and fifty in it, but the number 1 I am certian of.

Surely it depends on your taste?

The sky is up

Citizen Kane, The Rules of the Game, Tokyo Story or 8 1/2 are the critics favourites.

Seriously there's loads.

Like the guy who went for Dune! Love that film. Madder than a bag of angry monkeys.

Star wars trilogy:)

My top 10 of films has about a hundred and fifty in it, but the number 1 I am certian of.

Dune is all over the place, really bad. Its like the film makers never read the book!

Edited by Frohike

So I hear. I've got a theory that people like whichever they experience first. I stopped reading the book after 100 or so pages because they were getting it all wrong. lol

That maybe true, I'd read the book twice before I saw the film. I think the problem is that the book is quite full, quite involved. And to get it all into one film, things have been changed or just missed out, maybe to make it a 'lighter' film for the viewer. Maybe the film should have been made in 2 parts? Then there was the tv mini series, but I gave that a miss!

Edited by Frohike

One of only two Lynch films I didn't like, the other being Inland Empire which is a self-indulgent mess of a film.

Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart figure highly on my favourites list, Lynch is a great director when he gets it right.

Then there was the tv mini series, but I gave that a miss!

Rightly so... I can't get them hours back.

One of only two Lynch films I didn't like, the other being Inland Empire which is a self-indulgent mess of a film.

Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart figure highly on my favourites list, Lynch is a great director when he gets it right.

I love Lynch, Twin Peaks is one of the great unfinished works of television.

It's a wierd thing to say but though I love films like Blue Velvet, The Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive etc... most of the time I've not got the foggyest whats goin' on on them. Am I just thick or is Lynch-confusion a common thing?