1930's loft conversion

We are thinking of converting the attic to provide 1 bedroom in our small 1930's semi. It is a hipped roof property so would need a dormer window.

I would be interested to know if anyone has had similar work done and could give me a rough guide of how much it cost them and what sized room you ended up with. Thanks!

We had one done on a large 3 bed semi on Greystones Rd. It was about 7 years ago so prices will have increased. We paid just under £20k including an en suite and a new boiler. I think the boiler was about £1000 fitted.

We had a dormer on the side to allow access for the stairs and room for the en suite.

I would contact a few architects to come and have a look. The main factor will be where to put the stairs and if there is enough headroom. The existing ceiling height will be decreased quite a bit when all the insulation and ceiling is fitted.

I can draw the plans for your loft conversion for Planning and Building Regulations Approval.

please feel free to call Russ RAH Building Services 07808963477 or 01142483053 to see if it's possible. free no obligation quote