Yorkshire 3 Peaks this weekend - need advice!

This weekend I'll be taking part in the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge to raise money for a local MS Therapy centre in Rotherham and this is my first time doing any of the peaks never mind all 3 at once and I'm pretty nervous to say the least! The furthest I've walking during my training is 16.6 miles which I found ok, my feet were in pretty good nick and I only ached a bit the day after!

Anyway I've got a question about food & drink. I don't want to be lugging lots of water around but then I don't want to get too de-hydrated. How much should I be carrying? And what types of food should I take? I've got some kendal mint cake and I've heard nuts and dried fruits are good for energy.

When I've done longer walks I've taken two bottles of Lucozade Iso-sport drink and even though I expected to be dying of thirst I got home and realised I still had half a bottle left. I know there are a couple of tea vans along the route but I'd rather go on the assumption that I'll have to be totally self-reliant.

Any advice would be very welcome!

buy one of these, http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/platypus-hoser-3-hydration-bladder-p126454 these are great and keeps your hands free you put the bag into ruck sack. Just take regular sips of water, if you start lacking in energy then have some of your energy drink or mars bars something sweet. Dont drink to much energy drink in one go has you may feel really thirsty just sips. Take a packed lunch with you make sure you have plenty to eat you can eat little but often. good luck .

Out of the 3 i've only done Ingleborough and Pen-Y-Ghent, so i can't really offer and advice.

Lots of info on OM though worth a read, the search brings up lots more info too.

Just popped back on to say we finished the three peaks last weekend in 10 hours and 40 minutes with only two blisters between our team of 4!! Not bad for first-timers!

Well done buddie :clap::clap::clap:

Just popped back on to say we finished the three peaks last weekend in 10 hours and 40 minutes with only two blisters between our team of 4!! Not bad for first-timers!

Well done!

Well done, especially as is was for the MS society hope to read about it in the MS magazine.

It's for the locally run MS Therapy centre, they don't get any funding from the main MS Society which is why we chose them so there won't be anything in the main MS news. I'm just typing up something for the centre's own newsletter/website though.

We've raised just over £1250 so the pain was well worth it!!